Do You Know Which Colour Is The Favourite Colour Of Your Beloved Ones?

inkotheque

My youngest dougther birthday is approaching and I'd like to write a letter to tell her how much I'm happy she is how she is.

I also thought that would be nice to write this letter using her preferred colour but... I just realised I've no clue which is her favourite colour.

I'll try to fix this in time but I'm just wondering if you know which colour is the favourite colour of your beloved ones?

My two ten fingers on a typewriter computer keyboard have never connected with my brain heart.

My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course.

- Graham Greene Inkotheque

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkotheque

• Sasha Royale

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me for "mocking" the lesser neurotic people of our earth.

My wife and I have a file card system.

eg. Carol Thomas (Oct. 30, 1957), husband Kennith

height: 5' 6", brown hair, shoe size 8, favorite color: avocado

blouse: 12 pants: 10 XXX: 34C

Archeology Piano vegetarian Bob Ross painting cats

The effort proves worthwhile when she beams, " Oh, my stars ! You remembered ! Thank you !"

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hey, you remembered to dig out the file card. That's got to count for something.

Edited by Manalto

James

My kitties don't write much.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

All of my children prefer green because I hated it. I love blue. My mom loved green. Our whole house was decorated in green when I was growing up. My mom's mom liked blue. The grandkids all like different colors. I'm still trying to convert them to blue. Right now I am writing with Visconti Blue & I would be happy using this ink forever.

I do not know how old is your daughter. From infancy, colour preferences shift to the adult range, across cultures. I recall that our daughter as a child preferred purple and related colours but that is only a datum.

X

I found a study which may help. I took from it that you should avoid adult blue and go for a light red or darker yellow, which are warm colours. In any case, make it bright (=happy).

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~plab/pdf/Taylor%20Schloss%20Palmer%20Franklin.pdf

Thanks Praxim,

I'll read the study.

The effort proves worthwhile when she beams, " Oh, my stars ! You remembered ! Thank you !"

My daughter is 16 and till now my experience is she has been changing taste so many times in the last 3 years that there's no file card system that I think can help me out :) . But I've the same system in place with my wife and it works like a charm.

My kitties don't write much.

Hi chromantic,

I'm sure you'll find a way to get your lovely kitties "tell" you which is their preferred colour. Doubt is going to be "Dachshund Brown" or "German Shepherd Black" :D

My two ten fingers on a typewriter computer keyboard have never connected with my brain heart.

My mama likes pink, my sister likes purple, but I have no idea what colors my younger sisters like because they tend to change favorites all the time 😆

I personally love blue, it makes me happy!

My daughter is 16 and till now my experience is she has been changing taste so many times in the last 3 years that there's no file card system that I think can help me out :) .

I don't like to stereotype teenagers but my guess is the only safe color is black. Another generalization about teenagers is that they're more than willing to give their opinion - unless, of course, you ask.

I don't think I had a favorite color growing up. I remember because when I would hear the question, I thought it put undue pressure on the "askee" to choose. I'd always say "red" or "blue" but didn't mean it.

Another comment about color and then I'll go back to my corner. Adults insist that children need "cheerful" colors, which usually results in primary or vivid neons. I disagree. I think children are highly sensitive and those screaming colors are not only an assault to their senses, but I submit that it may affect their ability to develop a sophisticated color sense.

James

A preference for lightness or higher saturation is not said to go on without limit. For neon results, there is no accounting for the tastes of parents, especially when they impose them on children. :)

X

inkotheque, interesting challenge...

My son prefers wrtiting / drawing in black, my husband writes with blue (yes, it relates to their tastes in clothes colours too, fortunately with occasional additions of something white or very rarely red). My birthday notes to them are usually theme / gift related and so is my choice of ink.

So... my approach is: content first, ink colour(s) for matching it.

Oh, almost forgot, you may take a different route, choose the ink to represent you, so your daughter can immediately know - that's dad!

When reading your post - Majestic purple came to my mind. 16th is a serious birthday!

How did you go with choosing the present?

Edited by MsRedpen

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

I'd say Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses, or a rich pink/mauvey-purple. BSAR is decidedly feminine, but emphatic enough to stand out. I'm also thinking Pilot has a beauty-berry ink called Murasaki Shikibu (see image from Goulet below)Just a few ideas...and just a guess.

Oh and my husband being an artist prefers sepias and red browns. His favorite is Diamine Ancient Copper, though uses NBB most.

post-110427-0-00946200-1489962796_thumb.jpeg

Edited by eyesa

My suggestion is to use the color that YOU like/use

Essentially you are giving part of yourself and not encroaching on her turf

Respect and treat her as a person and she'll always have that memory of you

It's what you write, not the color ink that you use

Favorite colors are different from favorite ink.

Ex-husband: BSB / aqua

Daughter: Kingdom Note Tremantes Versicolor / green

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

My suggestion is to use the color that YOU like/use

Essentially you are giving part of yourself and not encroaching on her turf

Respect and treat her as a person and she'll always have that memory of you

It's what you write, not the color ink that you use

inkotheque, interesting challenge...

My son prefers wrtiting / drawing in black, my husband writes with blue (yes, it relates to their tastes in clothes colours too, fortunately with occasional additions of something white or very rarely red). My birthday notes to them are usually theme / gift related and so is my choice of ink.

So... my approach is: content first, ink colour(s) for matching it.

Oh, almost forgot, you may take a different route, choose the ink to represent you, so your daughter can immediately know - that's dad!

When reading your post - Majestic purple came to my mind. 16th is a serious birthday!

How did you go with choosing the present?

@PS104 and @MsRedpen,

you are both so right!

I'll focus on content as, I'm sure, is where she'll put her focus on as well. I'm so proud of her and I want her to know.

Color wise I'll probably go for Majestic Blue with a broad nib (she'll know who's the author of the note and the sheen is great for a birthday note)

Present wise it will be a new transverse flute (maybe with a fountain pen hidden in the box as well :-)

Ahhhhh ! Sixteen-year-old daughter. What color are Euros ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Oh, yeah, currency the favorite of teenagers everywhere.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sasha, there is nothing odd about being organized. You're a better man than Me

I'd go for the flute. Is it orchestral or renaissance?

If you give her a pen too, that could be in her favorite color for things she carries about.