Which Ink Is Going To Be Your Next Ink And Why?

inkotheque

Im sure this is heresy here, but I'm hoping to not buy any ink for a while. In the past few weeks, I've picked up at least 15 bottles, and every time there's another package in the mailbox, I hear "Really? MORE ink?" from my wife. So in the interest of reducing marital discord, I need to put some effort into using the inks I already have, and spacing out acquisitions in the future.

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BradGad

• Lugworm

• Miaxina

• eyesa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sure this is heresy here, but I'm hoping to not buy any ink for a while. In the past few weeks, I've picked up at least 15 bottles, and every time there's another package in the mailbox, I hear "Really? MORE ink?" from my wife. So in the interest of reducing marital discord, I need to put some effort into using the inks I already have, and spacing out acquisitions in the future.

At least you aren't ordering new pens; inks are cheap in comparison.

Probably Lamy's LE Petrol and Aurora's new b/b because their a couple of inks I don't already have and I expect to like the colors.

- Anthony

I use my FP mostly for work related correspondence so shades of blue have ruled for a while... Been using Iroshizuku Kon Peki and Tsuki Yo and love them both and was looking for a new direction.. and did the same thing you are doing... asked this group. Someone mentioned the dark purples and I got intrigued.. I liked Shigure but understand it is so heavily saturated that regular pen cleanings would be required and I wasn't up for that. Then I heard about Caran d'ache Ultra Violet... which is really like a dark gray with violet tones and a bottle of that will likely show up right around my birthday next week. (when my kids asked what I wanted I told them! :) )

To answer your question more directly... criteria? business friendly... has character but isn't too far out there. still haven't warmed up to the browns yet tho... not sure i ever will. I have a sample of Take Sumi to try which is like a richly dark gray and I'm curious to see how it writes... the reviews are good. I hope that helps

I love shin-kai (although a blue-black) it's well behaved, has shading and a lovely red sheen. I've been using Diamine Oxford Blue for a bit and it is lovely but very saturated, which I'm surprised that I'm not so keen on. I'm discovering Salamander - which is a very interesting colour, but not quite so well behaved. I always have something inked up with Douyou, but I'm hankering after an iron-gall ink, so looking at KWZ. I think my next ink will be one of these.

Lamy LE Petrol hopefully. Am watching several sites to see when it arrives. I think I have all other new inks that I want.

Brexit Royal Blue is next because I needed a blue and liked the backstory. Plus, I'm 99% sure I'll be the only one in town with that particular shade of ink :)

I've finally succumb to an Iroshizuku ink . . . Ina Ho is on its way :unsure:

Do I see a pairing of Ina-ho and Lexington Gray in your future by any chance? :)

As I have more ink than I can use in several lifetimes, there's not going to be a next ink. In theory. But the next ink I'm not going to buy might be Sailor Rikyu-Cha, because there's been so much chatter about it and Cigar over the years, it seems it must be tried before it becomes unobtanium again.

There has been no sight of my Oku-Yama and Yama-dori inks but my next ink will be Diamond ancient copper and Diamine Havasu Turquoise! From what I've seen online Ancient copper looks to be a lovely color and my sister has been asking for a light blue color, and as my Pelikan Turquoise sample will be over in about two more fills I decided on Havasu Turquoise :) ordered 30 ml bottles on Diamine website, I've heard that there's not going to be any updates from Diamine so I have no idea where it is right now, but I hope they'll arrive soon~

I'm thinking of getting Sailor Jentle Irori or Doyou or Iroshizuku Take Sumi, but I have the feeling mum's not gonna like it, so I'm waiting till all my other packages (around 10 or more) arrive!

Edited by Miaxina

Do I see a pairing of Ina-ho and Lexington Gray in your future by any chance? :)

As I have more ink than I can use in several lifetimes, there's not going to be a next ink. In theory. But the next ink I'm not going to buy might be Sailor Rikyu-Cha, because there's been so much chatter about it and Cigar over the years, it seems it must be tried before it becomes unobtanium again.

I'm such an open book :blush:

Well guessed.

(although no Lexington Grey in UK so have 1 + 2'd Noodlers Black with water and am delighted with it's behaviour and look)

As for Rikky Cha (sorry) it's a no brainer. Relatively cheap and it's chameleon tendencies are worth every penny . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/ah_go_on.jpg

Edited by Tas

The Pilot Varsity hangs on the display hook of the stationery shop for months on end. I buy it. I take it home. It writes. Distracted by family issues, I neglected my Pilot Metropolitan, with a cartridge of Pilot Black ink, in a desk draw, from November until March. When I recovered the Metropolitan, I uncapped it, and wrote and addressed a dozen "Thank You" cards. Ink flowed with the first stroke. No skips.

My next ink will be Pilot Black.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

KWZ and Papier Plume both have Chicago Pen Show exclusive inks, so those are definitely next on my list.

As for Rikky Cha (sorry) it's a no brainer. Relatively cheap and it's chameleon tendencies are worth every penny . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/ah_go_on.jpg

Will I be having a cup of tea with that? :D