Kaweco Perkeo

antichresis

I was alerted to a new offering from Kaweco. So far it seems available only from Appelboom but hopefully this changes soon (Appelboom themselves says that it will be available in May). According to the blurb, it is a revisit of an older model. Pen is faceted and has a snap cap.

Photo:

kaweco-perkeo-black-ochre-fountain-pen-8

Edited by antichresis

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• Barkingpig

• sidthecat

• KKay

Nice. Price is nice too.

I don't have a single yellow pen.

Well, I ordered a yellow pen last night, but I don't have it yet.

esc

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I like the yellow & black version. The other colors don't do much for me.

The Appelboom blurb says the Kaweco Perkero is bigger than the Sport. The picture looks like it is longer but uses almost the same cap as the Sport. Also the cap looks like it might be snap-on, not screw-on. Maybe a standard international size converter will fit because the pen is longer.

The price at Appelboom isn't too bad, EU 15 for the pen then add EU 5.50 for the converter and another Eu 5.00 for the classic style clip and you are up to around EU 25 or $27 USD.

Looking at all the garish colors side-by-side and considering that the pen probably has a snap-on cap, maybe this is marketed to kids as a "school pen".

in La Corounne Du Compte €14.50, in other shops €14.95.

As a new member or whatever, I can't post a new Kaweco model, an special edition only for Spain. This funny and modern edition has been designed by ZYX, actually the Spanish distributor of Kaweco products. The fountain pen name, obviously in Spanish, is KAWECO SKYLINE NARANJA (naranja means orange in Spanish).

You can buy in via ebay's estilmania shop the price is €33,90 + €3.75 shipping.

Or via the shop Imborrable (if yo suscibe to Imborrable you will get a €5 disccount. The price in this shop is cheaper, only €29.50, with the clip included. If your order is of €35 or up, the shipping is free ONLY FOR PORTUGAL and SPAIN, excluding Canarian Islands). I don't know the amount for international shipping but they do.

In my humble opinion, if you are fron European Union, USA, Canada, Australia... better in Ebay. Estilmania (estilografia mania = fountain pen mania) is very serious, so, don't worry.

In my case, as I'm from the Basque Country, Spain, I've bought in Imborrable. With the same amount of money I get the kaweco plus a very cool notebook.

pluma-kaweco-naranja.jpg

Edited by Nonnonba

Look quite "saffronous". Don't lose it in your village paella pan.

Thank you for providing the information about the Spanish limited edition for this pen.

I have registered @ IMBORRABLE & ordered the pen using PAYPAL. Unless there was some mistake I did find a VERY reasonable shipping charge from Spain to the US for my order. I had looked @ the other provided link for the Ebay listing & the estimated shipping charge was 3 times greater; I may have misread the post referencing the shipping charges of the two companies from which this pen can be purchased, but it would appear the pen is less expensive @ IMBORRABLE.

I like the Kaweco Sports, LOVE Orange & thank you for information about purchase of this pen.

Yes, it looks like a snap cap. I thought it was an ink window at first, but then I didn't see any threads. I wish they had an ink window with a piston filler, like the old models did.

The name is a Heidelberg in-joke: Perkeo was a dwarf, famed for his feats of alcohol consumption, who's depicted on the town's 18th-century tourist attraction, a huge wine barrel called The Heidelberger Fasse.

You turn that color when your liver fails, so perhaps that's a joke, too.

I saw the Kaweco Perkeo at Goulet Pens for $14, describing it as entry level.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

^^ antichresis - Thanks for the link to Appelbooms, I see they carry the GvFC inks, that's good to know.

^^ nonnonba - That orange Sport is lovely, thanks for showing it.

edit to correct spelling

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.