New Studio Color Long Overdue.

Anne-Sophie

Hi Pseudo,

Yes. I don't know why they don't make the rubberized grip an option on all the Studio's... like a nib option. :huh:

I know that would cost them a few extra cents per pen... but I think they'd make that up with a lot of extra sales.

- Anthony

Thanks! It shows how tone deaf a company is when they don't react to the one thing almost all they customers complain about. It would be an investment since it devalues the brand, of course I can't complain since I bought my used blue Studio for 40 bucks... Hasn't got to me yet though.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Anne-Sophie

• senzen

• AL01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post deleted by yours truly. :)

- A.C.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a Studio in Imperial Blue... I seem to get along with the chrome section... Which means that green Studio might be next. It's interesting how the same nib type just glides on this thing, unlike my 7 Lamy Vistas; it might just be a case of the previous owner adjusting it, he also included another 2 nibs. Not bad for $40 bucks!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Finally got a Studio in Imperial Blue... I seem to get along with the chrome section... Which means that green Studio might be next. It's interesting how the same nib type just glides on this thing, unlike my 7 Lamy Vistas; it might just be a case of the previous owner adjusting it, he also included another 2 nibs. Not bad for $40 bucks!

Hi Pseudo, et al,

Glad to hear you like it... I love all of mine... the chrome sections do not bother me, either. :)

I'm impressed you have the acumen to notice the difference between the Studio nibs and the rest. There's a good reason for that.

The nibs on the Studios (and L2K's) are tested and tuned by hand; the others are tested robotically... this is why I've never experienced a bum nib on a Studio. :)

I'm sure every now and then, a dud escapes, but the problem is much more common on the Safari's.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

- Anthony

Hi Pseudo, et al,

The nibs on the Studios (and L2K's) are tested and tuned by hand; the others are tested robotically... this is why I've never experienced a bum nib on a Studio. :)

- Anthony

Cool! I did not know that.

B. Russell

• 3 weeks later...

When you get the Racing Green Studio, could you give us a description of the color using an ink color that is closely matching, or/and comparing it to the Petrol Safari color.

It would be very helpful!

Hello Anne-Sophie, et al,

http://i.imgur.com/XI5MW4L.jpg

From the bottom to the top:

Black Safari, (for color contrast).

Racing Green Studio

Petrol Safari

Blue-Green Al-Star

Charged Green Al-Star

Neon Lime Safari

White Safari, (for color contrast).

The pic shows the Studio as almost a very dark olive, but I would call it a deep forest green with a blue hue.

Be well. :)

- Anthony

ETA: Your eyes do not deceive you... the petrol Safari is darker... when I first set-up this shot, I was making the Studio "the star"; however, in color sequence, the petrol Safari would come after the black one. ;)

Edited by ParkerDuofold

Just to follow-up... I forgot to include my Apple green Safari, (for color relation); it was taking a bath at the time this photo was taken. :)

- Anthony

Thanks Anthony, it's looking good. I'll wait and see if I keep getting along with the Imperial Blue to put the green on the list. J Herbin Vert Empire might be a good match for the colour, although I don't match inks to pens by colour.

B. Russell

Thanks Anthony, it's looking good. I'll wait and see if I keep getting along with the Imperial Blue to put the green on the list. J Herbin Vert Empire might be a good match for the colour, although I don't match inks to pens by colour.

You're welcome, Pseudo. :)

Yes, Vert Empire is a good choice... so is Diamine Evergreen and Sherwood... or do what I'm doing and use a complementary contrasting color... like Diamine Chocolate. ;)

- Anthony

Thanks Antony!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I DID KINDA SORTA GOT SOME INSIDA INFORMATION SO DO NOT ASK HOW OR WHY.... :P :P :P

British Racing Green. - How does it look? I dunno.

But that is one color I remember seeing that caught me off guard.

And dat's all I can rememba' now....

There is another new weird color... Blue or somethin'.

(But seriously I am not 'leaking' information for Lamy or anything, but I did have access to this knowledge a few weeks back.)

EDIT: My splling s no gooooood.

(Whoops, you guys know already! :huh: )

Edited by AL01

Thanks Antony!

You're more than welcome, Anne-Sophie.

I DID KINDA SORTA GOT SOME INSIDA INFORMATION SO DO NOT ASK HOW OR WHY.... :P :P :P

British Racing Green. - How does it look? I dunno.

But that is one color I remember seeing that caught me off guard.

And dat's all I can rememba' now....

There is another new weird color... Blue or somethin'.

(But seriously I am not 'leaking' information for Lamy or anything, but I did have access to this knowledge a few weeks back.)

EDIT: My splling s no gooooood.

(Whoops, you guys know already! :huh: )

Hi AL01,

Am I to assume from this that the next LE Safari or Al-Star will be some shade of blue? :unsure:

- Anthony

No....

I wuz talkin' about the Studio....

But somebody beat me to it.

In regards to the next LE for a Safari/ Al - Star....

I have no idea.

That's all the inside information I will ever get from Lamy.

Eh... It was fun while it lasted.