The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nytimes Article On The Fountain Pen Hospital In Nyc

fph nytimes nyc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pensinpictures

pensinpictures

Wandering Aimlessly with Intent

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 21:20

Ladies and gentlemen, the NYTimes posted a lovely article this morning on the find folks at the Fountain Pen Hospital.  Take a look below and enjoy!

https://www.nytimes....n.html?emc=eta1

Sponsored Content

#2 vicpen123

vicpen123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 22:27

Visited the FPH when I was in NYC last year. Great thrill for a boy from OZ to see the wide range and types of fps and to be amongst lots and lots of fps.

Melbourne is a city of 4.5m+ and there are three pen shops in the cbd. None compare to FPH or to the Vancouver Pen Shop that I visited on same trip to the US and Canada.

#3 Maurizio

Maurizio

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 22:42

Great! Thanks for posting this. FPH is only a few blocks from my office and I have the pleasure of being able to pop in there at lunchtime and visit whenever the mood strikes me for more ink and just to bask in all the fountain pen glory. I've bought many pens from there over the last 10 years or so.
The staff there are friendly and helpful.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace

Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

#4 Cyqa

Cyqa

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 22:50

This is wonderful! I hope I can visit FPH some day soon. I found the little tidbit about Ms. Brown to be very interesting. 

#5 flipper_gv

flipper_gv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 00:10

Got to the end of the article and I was like "That's it?", there's no content in this article.

#6 Beauport

Beauport

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:54

Ladies and gentlemen, the NYTimes posted a lovely article this morning on the find folks at the Fountain Pen Hospital.  Take a look below and enjoy!

https://www.nytimes....n.html?emc=eta1

Thank you for posting !

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.

#7 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:39

Beautiful photographs by Caitlin. Ochs. Story was too,short, way too short. Could have gone on for days with a tour of the shop and examining the work done there and the inks selections and, well, you know, everything we want to read about and see in pictures but that the editors apparently don't care about.
I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fph, nytimes, nyc

Sponsored Content

|