The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Bespoke Adventure, Or How To Write With A Spade

montblanc calligraphy 149 meisterstuck bespoke review

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:09

Great experience to share!  

You could have endlessly chased pens, nibs that were ok, but you had exactly the attention necessary to match what works best for your writing ability. 

Definite win/win since a business couldn't pay any amount for such a glowing report, with colorful evidence.

Thanks!

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

Sponsored Content

#42 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:56

Great story, stunning nib (I want one!) and beautiful penmanship. I am so jealous.

#43 oPENbooks

oPENbooks

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 22:35

What a great story and what an extraordinary pen!

There are very few people who could actually use that calligraphy nib, so the tool is in the right hands.

Tony

#44 jagwap

jagwap

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:30

Nice.

A question: when ordering more than one nib, does the price double, or is part of the cost the testing? The cost is high, but if it was significantly less for additional nibs, it may be more tempting. Like getting a last made for handmade shoes...

#45 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:37

I am sorry but I have to tell you I don't remember. The added complexity was that it was done in a city that I was not as familiar with, and so the currency conversion was a bit of a blur.

Because Axel himself was helping me, I don't think he charged me the testing fee. So I only paid for the pens and the price of the custom nibs, which in itself was already super high for me.

But it was totally worth it at the end because the results are nibs that are unique and fit me to a T. Axel told me from this point on, I just have to directly communicate with him and he will be able to make any nib I want that's in his catalog of custom nibs.

Nice.

A question: when ordering more than one nib, does the price double, or is part of the cost the testing? The cost is high, but if it was significantly less for additional nibs, it may be more tempting. Like getting a last made for handmade shoes...

#46 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:41

Add 10% to my jealousy level. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#47 LeonW

LeonW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:21

Proof that time is relative.

20 minutes with a screaming infant seems like eternity.
20 years will scream by in an instant.

True, my experience exactly.

#48 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:29

fpupulin,

Wow from the great man himself. At least I think you're a man, and much apologies if you're not. I have always admired your amazing hand and calligraphic work from afar. Thanks for the very kind words.

gerigo: this is probably the most outstanding nib I have ever seen! And your calligraphic skills well deserve it. It is fantastic to think that such a gorgeous nib has found such an extraordinary hand to work with. Great, great, great!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, calligraphy, 149, meisterstuck, bespoke, review

Sponsored Content

|