S F Pen Posse, South Bay Edition, Apr 2

ac12

SF Pen Posse, South Bay Edition.

OK for you guys in the South Bay, here it is, just for you, so you better show up.

Sun, April 2, at 1pm

Holder's Country Inn Restaurant,

998 S. De Anza Blvd, San Jose.

We will be in the back room.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ac12

• AltecGreen

• FarmBoy

• CHuss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I recently posted the following message on the FPN Facebook page:

"Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm hoping the community is able to help me. The photos I've included in this post is of a pen that belonged to my late mother. I believe it is a Conklin Crescent. As you can see the crescent has fallen into the barrel and there is no locking ring. I would love to have this pen repaired and I am looking to you for guidance. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you so much for your assistance!"

(Sorry, I was unable to connect photos here. They are on Facebook post.)

A very nice person named Sid directed me to "the posse" and said you would be able to help with my pen. I see you are having an event in San Jose in April and I would like to bring my pen. As stated, I have no knowledge about this event so any instruction would be appreciated. Is it ok if I just come to the event. We live in Walnut Creek, so we just want to make sure the event is open because it is a bit of a drive.

Thank you so much!

Carol

Edited by CHuss

Hi CHuss!

I just started showing up to the Pen Posse events in Milbrae this year and can attest that they are super friendly and open. Just show up, say hi, introduce yourself, ask around if anyone does Conklin repairs. Although careful... sometimes you can find yourself walking away with more pens than you arrived with... :D

There's also a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/157316137670380/

I'll come up with something eventually.

Hi,

I recently posted the following message on the FPN Facebook page:

"Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm hoping the community is able to help me. The photos I've included in this post is of a pen that belonged to my late mother. I believe it is a Conklin Crescent. As you can see the crescent has fallen into the barrel and there is no locking ring. I would love to have this pen repaired and I am looking to you for guidance. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you so much for your assistance!"

(Sorry, I was unable to connect photos here. They are on Facebook post.)

A very nice person named Sid directed me to "the posse" and said you would be able to help with my pen. I see you are having an event in San Jose in April and I would like to bring my pen. As stated, I have no knowledge about this event so any instruction would be appreciated. Is it ok if I just come to the event. We live in Walnut Creek, so we just want to make sure the event is open because it is a bit of a drive.

Thank you so much!

Carol

Carol,

I'm one of the people Syd warned you about. I can restore your pen. I do not know if I will be in SJ on 4/2 or not but I'm in Millbrae and there will be a club meeting there soon.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Carol,

Yes, you are welcome to come.

The SF Pen Posse meets are generally open to everyone.

Just come and buy your own lunch.

The meet in San Jose on April 2, was meant to get more of the guys in the south bay/silicon valley to attend.

The Millbrae meet is probably closer for you, but feel free to come to the one in San Jose on the 2nd.

And say HI.

There is no agenda, it is usually a bunch of separate groups talking and showing pen stuff. One group may be talking about calligraphy, another about writing, another Parker 51s, another urushi pens, another about inks, etc.

Some people will bring pens to sell.

There is usually someone who can work on pens; the master and/or his junior apprentice :D The difficult stuff gets done by the master.

There is the "box of goodness." This is a recycle box, take something or leave something.

And the paper samples; an assortment of different papers to take and try.

When FarmBoy is there, the "box of gullibility" comes out. You have to see the box to understand the name.

www.SFPenShow.com

Hi!

Thank you so much for the kind welcome.

San Jose is quite a drive for us.

Would you please let me know where the Millbrae meeting is held?

If it is near a BART station, that would be fabulous!

Cheers!

Carol

Hi!

Thank you so much for the kind welcome.

San Jose is quite a drive for us.

Would you please let me know where the Millbrae meeting is held?

If it is near a BART station, that would be fabulous!

Cheers!

Carol

We normally meet at Peter's Cafe which is right next to Bart.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Oh!

This is wonderful.

We will wait and attend the next Millbrae event.

Thank you, everyone, for helping me.

I can't wait to have someone look at my pen.

Here are photos.

Cheers,

Carol

post-135727-0-02354800-1490922556_thumb.jpegpost-135727-0-24924500-1490922572_thumb.jpegpost-135727-0-29183600-1490922597_thumb.jpegpost-135727-0-88806400-1490922614_thumb.jpeg

Your pen can be repaired.

You are milling the lock ring but replacements exist.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Farmboy was speaking Nebraskin. He meant "missing" the lock ring. Will check the parts bin when I get home and see if we have a #3 lock ring.

Small but robust gathering yesterday...I know without pics it didn't happen..but I have proof that Gary fixed my TWSBI!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am new to fountain pens and will be in SF (downtown area) from July 23-26 and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and show me some of your cool pens?

I have been using a pilot f, ef, and m.

I am really loving the extra fine and fine pens but would love to get a pen with some line variation (maybe xxf-m?) and would love to see some vintage pens!

Hi guys...I'm visiting the SF Area for few days for business (mostly Redwood City), and I'm looking for recommendations from the Posse about where I can visit and poke around that might have good supplies. Coming from South Florida, where there's a dearth of suppliers, I rely on locals on areas like D.C., Chicago and others for the straight scoop.

I'm primarily looking for notebooks, but if you've got your fave shop you want to give props to, I won't turn down the recommendations.

Thanks in advance to any repliers.

Hi guys...I'm visiting the SF Area for few days for business (mostly Redwood City), and I'm looking for recommendations from the Posse about where I can visit and poke around that might have good supplies. Coming from South Florida, where there's a dearth of suppliers, I rely on locals on areas like D.C., Chicago and others for the straight scoop.

I'm primarily looking for notebooks, but if you've got your fave shop you want to give props to, I won't turn down the recommendations.

Thanks in advance to any repliers.

Near to RWC are:

• University Art, RWC
  • FLAX, San Mateo

How far are you willing to drive?

There are other shops in San Jose, SF, and Berkley

www.SFPenShow.com

Hi! I am new to fountain pens and will be in SF (downtown area) from July 23-26 and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and show me some of your cool pens?

I have been using a pilot f, ef, and m.
I am really loving the extra fine and fine pens but would love to get a pen with some line variation (maybe xxf-m?) and would love to see some vintage pens!

We can call a Posse for you.

We usually meet at Peter's cafe in Millbrae, next to the BART station.

At the end of June make a new post that you want to meet.

End of July will be when we are getting ready for the SF Pen Show, so will likely be meeting anyway.

www.SFPenShow.com

I just missed the south bay meeting. Any chance there will be another soon?

I lived on the other side of HW 17. I went to Peter's once--very lovely and what a welcoming group of folks! I would love to go again, but it's quite far from home.

I just missed the south bay meeting. Any chance there will be another soon?

I lived on the other side of HW 17. I went to Peter's once--very lovely and what a welcoming group of folks! I would love to go again, but it's quite far from home.

I'm sure we'll schedule one again soon.

There is a Posse in Santa Cruz on Saturday April 29th.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I'm sure we'll schedule one again soon.

There is a Posse in Santa Cruz on Saturday April 29th.

I'm definitely going to the Santa Cruz Posse. Could you share with me the time and location information? I am imposing myself a Facebook blackout until summer.

Thanks!