The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Fake Or Real?

visconti homo sapiens rollerball fake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisR

ChrisR

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 16:12

Hello Everyone,

I know this is not a fountian pen but I have seen other visconti questions on here and cant seem to find any other resources.

I recently bought a Visconti Homo Saipan through eBay and have a suspicion that it is a fake. The pen felt lighter than I remembered my friends being and the logo on the cap is a version I have never seen.(the logo makes me the most supicious) It did however come in what seems to be real Visconti packaging.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

The copy on the crest ready "Visconti Made in Italy"

visconti_images.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 19:24

I dont think anyone will loose time making a copy of a Visconti homo sapiens.
It is a niche pen with a very limited market comparing with pens like Mont Blanc, which are commonly copied.

#3 Jackokun

Jackokun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 15:37

Hello Everyone,

I know this is not a fountian pen but I have seen other visconti questions on here and cant seem to find any other resources.

I recently bought a Visconti Homo Saipan through eBay and have a suspicion that it is a fake. The pen felt lighter than I remembered my friends being and the logo on the cap is a version I have never seen.(the logo makes me the most supicious) It did however come in what seems to be real Visconti packaging.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

The copy on the crest ready "Visconti Made in Italy"

attachicon.gifvisconti_images.jpg

I dont think anyone will loose time making a copy of a Visconti homo sapiens.
It is a niche pen with a very limited market comparing with pens like Mont Blanc, which are commonly copied.

That is the old logo, it was used for most voyagers, and recently it was used for the limited edition red wine HS 

I Agree with fabri00 in the sense that there should be no gain on making a copy of this pen 

here is a pic of my Voyager Lapis lazuli' logo 

NHB467g.jpg

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of smile.png

#4 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 19:54

I agree with Fabri and Jack...every indication points to authentic Visconti HS...including the fact that this is not a pen that is copied. The logo is appropriate for this pen. Quit worrying and enjoy your new pen.

ETA: Google "Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age" images and you'll see that the logo is the appropriate one.

Mary

Edited by mmg122, 14 March 2017 - 20:00.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, homo sapiens, rollerball, fake

Sponsored Content

|