The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Nice Find In My Drawer

pens mabie todd swan ringtop

2 replies to this topic

#1 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 22:38

I bought this little ringtop months ago and put it in my "to be repaired" drawer because one of the cap rings is a little bent. I came upon it last night while looking for something else, filled it and started writing. A nice little medium point, very flexy. I let a co-worker play with it and if they find me in the parking structure with a head wound and the pen gone, the cops should finger him.

Here's a picture - it's a very dark blue:

fpn_1489098869__img_3326.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:05

That's a really interesting pen I think.  Are there slightly lighter blue areas on it?  I think it must be the rarer variant of the 1920s 52 colour which was normally Lapis.

My compliments - I wish I had a drawer with pens like that inside!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 17:14

I put a strong light on it, and it's Lapis. Maybe a polish will bring it out. It's almost black right now.
It was in the drawer because of the bent ring, which I may take to my intrepid jeweler...when I give up writing with it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, mabie todd swan, ringtop

Sponsored Content

|