The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Photos: New Pen, Similar To Jinhao 126 (It's A Baoer 801)

mystery help? identify ninja

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JordanN

JordanN

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 00:35

I bought a pen last weekend at the BWI fountain pen show, but I'm not sure exactly which Chinese company made it.

It looks similar to the JinHao 126, but with a few differences. The clip is different, there are four rings on the section, the finial is longer, and it uses a plunger converter (forgot to photograph, sorry). Also, the cap design is different. 

(Edit: The mysterious pen has been identified: it's a Baoer 801).

Anyways, I thought I'd play with my new flash units and take some pictures to share. Oh, and photographing shiny objects is hard.

20170306-0024-100x150.jpg 20170306-0027-150x100.jpg 20170306-0061-150x100.jpg

Edited by JordanN, 07 March 2017 - 17:33.

USAF 
Pen list: Esterbrook LJ 2668. Shaeffer 300 M. Artisan Jr. Gentlemen's II (custom turned), Pilot: Vanishing Point (stub, matte blue), Stargazer Pearl M, Knight M, Parallel set, Varsity. Lamy: 2000 F, Al-Star, Safari. TWSBI Classic M, Vac 700R + 20A. Monteverde Intima Neon Pink. Shrade Tactical Pen. Platinum Plaisir F, Preppy. Baoer 801.
Ink bottles: Noodler's: Bad Black Moccasin, Black, 54th Massachusetts, Liberty's Elysium, Baystate Blue, Turquoise Eel, Antietam, Apache Sunset, Sunrise. Private Reserve: Spearmint, Chocolat, DC Supershow Violet, Arabian Rose. Parker Quink Black. Manuscript: Blue, Black.
My Photo Website

Sponsored Content

#2 JordanN

JordanN

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 17:31

I happened to see the thread Baoer 801. Better Than A Parker Vector. a minute ago, did a quick Google image lookup, and I'm confident that my pen is a Baoer 801. 

Mystery solved.

Edited by JordanN, 07 March 2017 - 17:32.

USAF 
Pen list: Esterbrook LJ 2668. Shaeffer 300 M. Artisan Jr. Gentlemen's II (custom turned), Pilot: Vanishing Point (stub, matte blue), Stargazer Pearl M, Knight M, Parallel set, Varsity. Lamy: 2000 F, Al-Star, Safari. TWSBI Classic M, Vac 700R + 20A. Monteverde Intima Neon Pink. Shrade Tactical Pen. Platinum Plaisir F, Preppy. Baoer 801.
Ink bottles: Noodler's: Bad Black Moccasin, Black, 54th Massachusetts, Liberty's Elysium, Baystate Blue, Turquoise Eel, Antietam, Apache Sunset, Sunrise. Private Reserve: Spearmint, Chocolat, DC Supershow Violet, Arabian Rose. Parker Quink Black. Manuscript: Blue, Black.
My Photo Website

#3 GuilhermeAtencio

GuilhermeAtencio

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 18:29

The middle one came out really good.

Congratulations.

#4 JordanN

JordanN

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:52

20170306-0024-100x150.jpg 20170306-0027-150x100.jpg 20170306-0061-150x100.jpg

I made changes to how the images are hosted on my blog. Consequently, the previously posted images weren't loading properly. I'm unable to edit the original post, so I fixed them in the above quote.

USAF 
My Photo Website

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mystery, help?, identify, ninja

Sponsored Content

|