Espresso Bung Box Ink

visvamitra

Sailor is my favourite ink maker (ex-aeque with J. Herbin). Sadly their most interesting inks are available only in Japan or from internet retailers. There are few japanese shops famous for their wide and interesting range of Sailor inks. One of most well-known is Bung Box. A lot of people were taken by interesting bottles and intriguing colors. It seems however that recently many ink enthusiasts started to shy away from this line since Bung Box inks became much more bitterly expensive than other Sailor inks.

The line consists of quite a few colors. My list is incomplete and most of the names aren't translated well. If you have full list of BB inks and/or could help me with correcting english names, help me sort this out :)

1. 4B Blue/Black
  2. BB Espresso
  3. Dandyism
  4. Ebisu Gold
  5. Emerald
  6. Enshu Black
  7. First Love Sapphire
  8. Fresh Oranges of Lake Hamana
  9. Fuyiyama Blue
  10. Hamanako Eel
  11. Imperial Purple
  12. Ink of the Witch
  13. L’Amant
  14. Luminous Green
  15. Melancholic Gray
  16. Mocha
  17. Music Black
  18. Nostalgia
  19. Oamezaki Sunset
  20. Omaezaki Ocean
  21. Omaezaki Blue
  22. Orange
  23. Pink
  24. Ruby
  25. Sapphire
  26. Silent Night
  27. Soleil
  28. Tears of Clown
  29. Tortoise Shell Brown

Before I write few words about the ink allow me to start by saying thank you mmg122 for sending me samples of different inks.

fpn_1488816549__espresso_bb_is.jpg

Espresso is nice looking and well behaved brown ink with some water resistance. I can see myself using it as it writes nicely as well. The only issue I have with this ink is the price - too high for me. For this price I prefer to get few other brown inks, also personally I think Rohrer & Klingner Sepia is even nicer and flows generously as well.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1488816569__espresso_bb_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1488816591__espresso_bb_l_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1488816608__espresso_bb_l_4.jpg

Rhodia, Lamy AL-Star, medium nib

fpn_1488816628__espresso_bb_cl_1.jpg

fpn_1488816651__espresso_bb_cl_2.jpg

fpn_1488816673__espresso_bb_cl_3.jpg

Leuchtturm1917, Lamy AL-Star, fine nib

fpn_1488816682__espresso_bb_l_1.jpg

fpn_1488816696__espresso_bb_l_2.jpg

fpn_1488816719__espresso_bb_l_5.jpg

Tsubame, Lamy AL-Star, medium nib

fpn_1488816739__espressobb_tsubame.jpg

fpn_1488816756__espressobb_tsubame2.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1488816771__espresso_bb_h2o.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Ghost Plane

• Uncial

• ca49reber

Another great Bung Box color. Thank you for the review. More money disappearing.

I have this loaded right now. I'm noticing it leaves a reddish stain behind in some demonstrators that does come out eventually with pen flush.

R&K Sepia is better behaved and I prefer the color.