A little while ago, I bought a vintage Sheaffer's Skrip bottle of #82 washable purple ink. I purchased it more for the bottle's built-in inkwell, and thought the remaining ink would be a nice bonus. After I tried it I realized that, although nice, it just wasn't a shade of purple that I liked. But, that might be your gain! Details on the ink characteristics are below. But first, the rules:
- TWO lucky folks will win ink. I'll be giving each person 15ml of washable purple ink (5 vials with 3ml each)
- Open to Continental US only, free first-class shipping.
- Enter by simply posting a reply from now until the night of Sunday, March 12, 2017, 8pm Eastern Standard Time. I'll post again when the deadline is passed.
- After the deadline, I'll choose two winners via random.org, announce them here and PM them.
- If 7 days passes with no reply from a winner, I'll repeat the drawing.
I must say that the ink is surprsingly well-behaved (using my medium nib on Apica notepaper). When on the paper wet, it is a dark purple, but dries to what I would say is more of a medium lilac/grey. Some shading, not heavily saturated. It does have strong-ish chemical odor. Here is a snapshot of it.
Good luck, all!