Edited by JC.Oxford, 05 March 2017 - 23:03.
Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 05 March 2017 - 22:59
Posted 05 March 2017 - 23:29
Looks like a Marlene Dietrich, although I haven't seen it with the gold trim before, or with diamond (in the black resin version at least - there is a 1901 version in sterling silver, with some smaller diamonds in a different position on the clip).
Not sure if it's my eyes/the photo, but the clip and diamond setting don't look entirely straight. Look at the bottom photo at the pen on the left - the clip seems to be slanted to the right (the left edge of, rather than the centre, it is at 90 degrees). Also, the diamond setting and mount above it don't seen entirely symmetrical. Plus the pen on the right seems to have its clip welded on quite crudely, looking at the join on the left.
Others on here will have a better idea, but I'd be inclined to say fake... (i.e. if offered these for £100, I'd politely decline).
Edited by horationelson, 05 March 2017 - 23:39.
Posted 05 March 2017 - 23:43
Also, looking at the hatching on the clip, it's not right - it's too large and nowhere near as delicate as the hairline hatching on the normal version (image is of the FP, but should be the same).
Edited by horationelson, 05 March 2017 - 23:45.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, unknown, recognizing, idenification
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →
Writing Instruments →
Repair Q&A →
Inks, Inc. →
Inky Thoughts →