The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Is This Pilot(?) Pen?

mystery pen pilot singapore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2017 - 00:07

Is it even a Pilot?

*photos lifted from the "Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers" FB group.

Attached Images

• 16939568_10155035420964659_2608467037284919725_n.jpg
  • 16807595_10155076024709510_7500866949283871992_n.jpg

Edited by antichresis, 03 March 2017 - 00:09.

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Sponsored Content

#2 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:11

heh an unmarked C nib so this was what they were talking about
its like a hybrid of 78G (clear) and a clear prera? or better yet its a 78G clear with an unmarked C nib from the Prera line up (its not like those nibs arent interchangable)

Edited by Algester, 03 March 2017 - 01:12.

#3 JunkyardSam

JunkyardSam

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:30

It LOOKS like it could be a Pilot. Similar nib shape, it looks like a Pilot cartridge in there... Maybe these are pens made exclusively for ink testing within stores?

I find the simplicity of this pen to be very attractive! I much prefer this style to the Pilot Ergonomic Penmanship, for example, which has an oddly shaped cap. This has more of a normal screw on cap.

I would love to see these come into production and possibly replace the Penmanship/Plumix line -- especially with more nib options.

Also - something a lot of people don't know -- the Plumix stub nib actually comes in multiple widths. They just are not available in all areas. There's an F Plumix stub and even an EF Plumix stub, apparently, which give you narrow writing with just a hint of line variation. Outstanding! These are hard to find.

Edited by JunkyardSam, 04 March 2017 - 01:30.

#4 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 15:42

another photo

Attached Images

• 16939345_10154954643514034_598485508597195200_n.jpg

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

#5 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 15:47

heh an unmarked C nib so this was what they were talking about
its like a hybrid of 78G (clear) and a clear prera? or better yet its a 78G clear with an unmarked C nib from the Prera line up (its not like those nibs arent interchangable)

Actually, yeah, it does look a lot like the 78G. Since it's a screw cap (see last/newest photo), that supports the idea. I'm not sure if the ergonomics are similar.

It LOOKS like it could be a Pilot. Similar nib shape, it looks like a Pilot cartridge in there... Maybe these are pens made exclusively for ink testing within stores?

I find the simplicity of this pen to be very attractive! I much prefer this style to the Pilot Ergonomic Penmanship, for example, which has an oddly shaped cap. This has more of a normal screw on cap.

I would love to see these come into production and possibly replace the Penmanship/Plumix line -- especially with more nib options.

Also - something a lot of people don't know -- the Plumix stub nib actually comes in multiple widths. They just are not available in all areas. There's an F Plumix stub and even an EF Plumix stub, apparently, which give you narrow writing with just a hint of line variation. Outstanding! These are hard to find.

Yeah it does seem to be something they supply to retailers. Similar to the original purpose of demonstrator pens.

Yeah I am waiting for a pair of Pluminix(es) in the mail. One has a Medium nib and the other an F nib. I am very excited to see the F in action.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mystery pen, pilot, singapore

Sponsored Content

|