Ello From The Emerald Isle

Epr969

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epr969

• Henricum_Tropen

• Carrau

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well guys, I went and bought that silver sheaffer pen. It is the same pen as I had in school over 30 years ago. When I got the pen I discovered it was missing a small metal ring on the end of the barrel where the nib unit screws in, this causes the cap to not fit snugly and fall off if turned upside down. Also the nib is a italic fine not fine so I'll need to try get a fine. I can't see tipping material on the nib, is that normal on an italic fine nib?

Anyone know where I might find a small metal ring for the end of the barrel?

Any other sheaffer pens that might share parts with this pen?

Need to buy some sheaffer cartridges too!

Thanks,

Eric

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Eric and welcome to FPN.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome aboard from Charleston, SC. What color is your Italix Parsons Essential pen?

Mike

Edited by motruba

Hello and welcome to FPN.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hi Motruba,

My Parson's Essential is the glossy "piano lacquer" black finish - looks very nice and shiney with a standard fine nib.

I use the schmidt supplied converter with Diamine Majestic Purple ink (it writes as a darker purple in this wet pen).

Its a very nice pen and excellent value for money - cant complain, my best FP purchase yet !

Hope this helps.

Eric.

Thanks for your reply. I was unaware of them until your post. From what I've read of the reviews in this forum, members seem enthusiastic about these pens and the customer service they've experienced with Mr. Ford. I've placed my order and am waiting expectantly.

Mike

Edited by motruba

• 2 years later...

Hey,

Back again....something funny happened with my login....couldnt remember my password and the email address I had registered with was my old work one so not accessible anymore but it seems when I created this new account it magically linked to my old posts...cool.

Update since April 2017;

- got more ink (mainly Diamine as its easy to order from the UK and 30ml size is great)

- Got Matte Black Pilot VP with M nib (nice with wet line)

- Got Platinum 3776 in black with M Nib (nearer F than M, a little dry)

- Got Platinum 3776 in Chartres Blue B Nib (nice and smooth and wet)

- Got TWSBI 580 RB with M Nib - lovely and smooth and wet

Got a 10x Loupe too.......maybe a bad idea......I dont need to know if my pen that writes very well hasnt got perfectly aligned tines......damn you loupe !!

Avoiding getting micromesh or shims as I'll start using them then....see previous line.......

Mainly using Diamine Lavender ink and Diamine Imperial Blue.....have some test vials of other Blues coming....

Thats it for now !

Eric