• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamypens

• jungkind

• christof

• Astronymus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess so. I know early one had this imprint. They might have stopped doing this around that "Savannah Time". After that they put the "W. Germany" and "Germany" at the bottom of the pens as we know it today. Your Pens should be one of the first generation.

Thank you for sharing the link. Quite interesting.

Just one thing: originally, the two color versions were called be Lamy:

Savanna-Green and Terra-Red.

And yes, these boxes are cool. I have one as well:

23549386530_2cb9dc4278_h.jpg

C.

Edited by christof

Thanks for the clarification of the color names. The box I received unfortunately is not as nice as the one in the blog with the hinges broken and one top part missing, but an interesting find. One can speculate that it is the same pen described in the blog.

• 10 months later...

As a follow-up:

I got my hands on a pair of Savanna-Green and Terra-Red Fountain pens from a collector in the United States, both have the Imprint on the barrel and no imprint on the barrel end. That seems to confirm that Lamy marked the early pens that did not have a marking on the barrel end with this imprint for export.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just found quite a few of these Lamy Green and Orange pens in mint condition. Also white in boxes.

My father used to work for a Lamy retailer.

Anybody recommend the best way to sell these?

There are also many many other Lamy pens and unique editions I want to sell.

I just listed some very interesting 1984 Sarajevo Olympics special editions in MINT condition on ebay. These may be the only ones in existence?

Thanks for any info or recommendations,

Hi,

I just found quite a few of these Lamy Green and Orange pens in mint condition. Also white in boxes.

I just listed some very interesting 1984 Sarajevo Olympics special editions in MINT condition on ebay. These may be the only ones in existence?

SO LUCKY! I wish I had a relative working for Lamy. :D

Try the fountain pen network classifieds, I'm sure a lot of people will definitely want that pen. You can expect to make at least a couple hundred dollars, as Savannah and Terra Cotta Safaris are quite rare. If you have a lot of them, why don't you keep a couple? You might not need them, but they are sure to be worth a lot and are definitely worth keeping.

SO LUCKY! I wish I had a relative working for Lamy. :D

Try the fountain pen network classifieds, I'm sure a lot of people will definitely want that pen. You can expect to make at least a couple hundred dollars, as Savannah and Terra Cotta Safaris are quite rare. If you have a lot of them, why don't you keep a couple? You might not need them, but they are sure to be worth a lot and are definitely worth keeping.

Thanks Flippy!

A funny story is I remember my father giving some of them to me, as well as much nicer silver pens.

I thought they were so ugly with the ugly orange and puke green colors that I threw them away!!!!

But now I really like them LOL :)

Hi,

Hi

A few things about putting up pens for sale.

1: Trading (offering, WTB, WTT) is not allowed in the regular forums

2: We have a classifieds system for that.

BUT, to put up a classified you have to be a gold member which you are not yet (you CAN react to someone else's though).

You have to be a member for more than 30 days AND have a post count of more than 30. Posts in Chatter will not advance your post count.

So, keep up the posting, like showing us some of these lovelies (but without sales blurb)

Then, around March 20 you will advance to silver member, and if your post count warrants it, to gold member, and you can start posting classifieds. There is a limit however. You can't put, say, 300 pens up for sale at once. To post more classifieds you would have to take out a Premium membership. See the classifieds rules for more explanation.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

ok thanks! i wasnt trying to sell anything here. was just asking for help. sorry i'll find somewhere else to ask questions.

You can ask questions, no problem. As you are a new member the rule about no trading might have slipped your mind in the multitude of forum rules, so I just reminded you.

D.ick

~

~

Hi,

Ok. Here is a picture of some of the safari pens I found.

There are also very many pens, pencils and fountain pens from 1980s or earlier.... probably every model produced.

Thanks.post-141734-0-76401200-1519056933_thumb.jpg

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

D.ick

~

~

I found a few more savannah and terracote and they have company insignias on them.

There are some that say 'Fairsky' with a nautical icon. I searched Fairsky and it was a famous oceanliner decommissioned in 1980.

There are some that say 'San Diego Wild Animal Park'.

If these pens are rare, then these that have company insignias must be ultra-rare, maybe unique?

What do you think?

Also, this may sound like a dumb question..... but why are these safari green and orange pens worth so much and so rare? I threw some away years ago because I thought they were so ugly.

Thanks!

Also, this may sound like a dumb question..... but why are these safari green and orange pens worth so much and so rare? I threw some away years ago because I thought they were so ugly.

Thanks!

Because they were the first ones. You threw away some hundreds in cash.