The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help Needed! Fake Or Genuine Montblanc Fp?

montblanc meisterstuck fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DajemOtkaz

DajemOtkaz

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2017 - 13:44

I found Montblanc Meisterstuck fountain pen on local "Buy and Sell" web site. I'm planing to buy this pen for my collection. I new to fountain pen collecting and don't know much about Montblanc pens, but I know that there are lot of fake MB pens out there.

Can someone tell which model this is and can you tell from photos is it genuine? I saw that it has engraved "Germany" and serial number on pin. Does this model have engraved "Pix" on back of the pin? These are the photos that seller sent to me.

Thank you.  :notworthy1:

Attached Images

• 42214059_5890e97aeabe51-74023606IMG_9220.JPG
  • unnamed (2).jpg
  • 42214059_5890e97bca4ec5-54335315IMG_9221.JPG
  • 42214059_5890e979f17b01-16698285IMG_9219.JPG
  • unnamed (1).jpg
  • unnamed.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2017 - 14:33

There is no way to tell from the pictures if the pen is authentic or not. It kinda looks like a cross between a 144 and 145 but I do not have the BORING DETAILS handy on either of those models.  The real cartridge/converter 144s were never a threaded cap while the 145 always had a threaded cap but the profile in the pictures looks closer in proportions to the 144 than 145.

Look up the dimensions of the 145 and check against them.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 tgoto

tgoto

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2017 - 22:18

I found Montblanc Meisterstuck fountain pen on local "Buy and Sell" web site. I'm planing to buy this pen for my collection. I new to fountain pen collecting and don't know much about Montblanc pens, but I know that there are lot of fake MB pens out there.

Can someone tell which model this is and can you tell from photos is it genuine? I saw that it has engraved "Germany" and serial number on pin. Does this model have engraved "Pix" on back of the pin? These are the photos that seller sent to me.

Thank you.  :notworthy1:

Facing the clip, my 144 has "GERMANY" engraved on the left side and model/pin number on the right.
I got mine from MB retail store in 1993.
144 does not have a threaded cap like jar stated.
Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

#4 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 23:19

It's not a 144 Classique type that's for certain as that model has a gold plated band next to the nib and a push on cap.

It's more like a 145 Classic (previously Chopin) type. That has a centre band & screw on cap. However, if that nib has corroded down to some sort of base metal, then it isn't gold. So it can't be authentic.

I suggest you get a loupe and read the serial number on the clip band, then try typing it into the Google search box. If any results come up, it isn't an authentic serial number.

Does the converter have the words Mont Blanc along it's length? If so it's a fake. Although on first glance that looks OK

If you run your fingernail along the feed fins, do they move out of position and remain on a slant or do they stay stiff and fixed?

#5 DajemOtkaz

DajemOtkaz

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:21

It's not a 144 Classique type that's for certain as that model has a gold plated band next to the nib and a push on cap.

It's more like a 145 Classic (previously Chopin) type. That has a centre band & screw on cap. However, if that nib has corroded down to some sort of base metal, then it isn't gold. So it can't be authentic.

I suggest you get a loupe and read the serial number on the clip band, then try typing it into the Google search box. If any results come up, it isn't an authentic serial number.

Does the converter have the words Mont Blanc along it's length? If so it's a fake. Although on first glance that looks OK

If you run your fingernail along the feed fins, do they move out of position and remain on a slant or do they stay stiff and fixed?

Facing the clip, my 144 has "GERMANY" engraved on the left side and model/pin number on the right.
I got mine from MB retail store in 1993.
144 does not have a threaded cap like jar stated.

There is no way to tell from the pictures if the pen is authentic or not. It kinda looks like a cross between a 144 and 145 but I do not have the BORING DETAILS handy on either of those models.  The real cartridge/converter 144s were never a threaded cap while the 145 always had a threaded cap but the profile in the pictures looks closer in proportions to the 144 than 145.

Look up the dimensions of the 145 and check against them.

Thank you all for your answer  :)  Pen should arrive tomorrow, and then I will have more info. The good thing is that seller offers a full refund if I'm not satisfied with the pen :D  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, meisterstuck, fountain, pen

Sponsored Content

|