The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help Identifying This Oxford

wahl eversharp oxford

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jackokun

Jackokun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 18:30

Hello,

I recently managed to get this wahl Oxford, while it was in a bad shape the nib was good an after a sac replacement and a  through  cleaning and minor polish it was back to its former glory.

my question is can anyone give me more information about it and the model, and given that it came with an omas nib (super flex), would you say that it was a frankenpen? 

Many thanks 

Jack

9bFIF7p.jpg

UVaOkuX.jpg

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of smile.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Wahlnut

Wahlnut

Collectors Item

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:35

It started out life as a Wahl Oxford twist filler (1937-9 fish).  Someone replaced/modified the twist filler mechanism into a push button filler using a parker type bow presser bar and traditional sac.  These twist fillers did not use a conventional sac.  There was a "sac" but it was merely an attached to the spring loaded twister and when twisted it expelled the little bit of air it contained and when it was released the twisted sac untwisted and drew ink into the barrel (not into a sac).  5 twists and releases and the pen drew up 5 batches of ink, one twist at a time until the barrel was full.

Syd the Wahlnut

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein
Pensbury Manor
Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments
Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
www.wahleversharp.com
New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wahl, eversharp, oxford

Sponsored Content

|