Mont Blanc? With A Flaw?

Lexus77

Send it to Montblanc repair to verify it's authenticity. They will take good care of it.

Might want to insure the pen at the post office just in case it gets damaged at the repair center.

Edited by max dog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lexus77

• Trom

• Bluey

• invisuu

Top Posters In This Topic

Send it to Montblanc repair to verify it's authenticity. They will take good care of it.

Might want to insure the pen at the post office just in case it gets damaged at the repair center.

:yikes: I'm not quite sure if this post relates to the original OP and his fake pen. In case it does, the absolute last thing he should do is to send it to Montblanc since a) the pen itself doesn't need any repair, b it's a obvious fake and Montblanc won't repair it and c) he might have to sign a letter confirming that they can destroy it when he's actually enjoying writing with his pen. If he refuses to have it destroyed, he will have to send Montblanc a shipping label so that they can return it at his cost. That will take much time and money for nothing.

I do believe Max Dog is engaging in humor (wags tail)

This opens up a new avenue of insurance fraud: buy a counterfeit for $10, insure it for $400, send to MB for destruction, then claim the insurance money. (wags again)

This thread has become quite hilarious. :D

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

I refuse to believe people so naive as the OP demonstrates in this thread exist. He's trolling. That's not the surprising part. To me, the surprising part is how many people responded seriously.

I refuse to believe people so naive as the OP demonstrates in this thread exist. He's trolling. That's not the surprising part. To me, the surprising part is how many people responded seriously.

What's so naive about it?

The fact that someone believes he could buy a mont blanc for 10 bucks? Well, I bought a Waterman hémisphère for 5. It happens. Fountain pens are quite unpopular in the Netherlands, so many people think they're just old junk, and don't know the value of it. I know, big difference in value between an MB and a hémisphère, but still, it's a steal for that price.

Or is it the fact that I'm new to this hobby and don't know much about it yet? Well, we all have to learn sometime.

But anyway, believe whatever you want.

Edited to take out some typos.

Edited by Lexus77

Everyone, including people completely oblivious about fountain pens, know Montblancs as some of the most expensive pens in the world. That snow flake at the top is as recognizable as Coca Cola or BMW brand. Yes, I think expecting you will find someone who owns a Montblanc and will sell you a pen worth hundreds or even thousands of euros for 10€ is extremely naive. Not only that, you think a Montblanc pen would have "Iridium Point" stamped on it and brand name nowhere to be seen - not even in the ad.

Actually, that is naive, by the very definition from vocabulary, that is naive.

Either way, you got a pen you enjoy for low price, so that's a win in my book. Congrats.

Everyone, including people completely oblivious about fountain pens, know Montblancs as some of the most expensive pens in the world.

Before starting this hobby 2 months ago, I never even heard of montblanc, and that white star didn't ring a bell either.

Maybe it's like that in your part of the world, but in the Netherlands, when you talk about fountain pens with people who are not into them, Parker is often the only brand they can name.

I find the way you keep calling me naive offensive, and you're starting to make me angry.

I was not magically born knowing all about fountain pens, and therefor I have to learn. Strange, isn't it?

So, I will no longer participate in any conversation with such a rude person. Best of luck with your judgemental life, you'll need it.

Edited by Lexus77

I'm sorry, offending was definitely not my intended purpose. I didn't realise calling someone naive is an insult and was definitely not meant as such.

What's so naive about it?

The fact that someone believes he could buy a mont blanc for 10 bucks? Well, I bought a Waterman hémisphère for 5. It happens. Fountain pens are quite unpopular in the Netherlands, so many people think they're just old junk, and don't know the value of it. I know, big difference in value between an MB and a hémisphère, but still, it's a steal for that price.

Or is it the fact that I'm new to this hobby and don't know much about it yet? Well, we all have to learn sometime.

But anyway, believe whatever you want.

Edited to take out some typos.

Having bought a MB149 for 2.50E. I can confirm that this can happen (and my 149 is surely not a fake).

Alfredo

Before starting this hobby 2 months ago, I never even heard of montblanc, and that white star didn't ring a bell either.

Maybe it's like that in your part of the world, but in the Netherlands, when you talk about fountain pens with people who are not into them, Parker is often the only brand they can name.

I find the way you keep calling me naive offensive, and you're starting to make me angry.

I was not magically born knowing all about fountain pens, and therefor I have to learn. Strange, isn't it?

So, I will no longer participate in any conversation with such a rude person. Best of luck with your judgemental life, you'll need it.

Do people have internet in Holland? A lot of snow flakes though, so I understand you get confused when you see a pen with one on it.

Having bought a MB149 for 2.50E. I can confirm that this can happen (and my 149 is surely not a fake).

Alfredo

Lucky you! :)

Do people have internet in Holland? A lot of snow flakes though, so I understand you get confused when you see a pen with one on it.

I think so, though I live in the Netherlands, not in Holland. But, to look up the worth of something, you must first believe it could be worth serious money. And, as I said, lots of people think a fountain pen is just obsolete junk.

Edited by Lexus77

I'm sorry, offending was definitely not my intended purpose. I didn't realise calling someone naive is an insult and was definitely not meant as such.

That's okay then. We're both writing in a second language, so misunderstandings can happen.

I have been sleeping very poorly for three days now, so I might be a bit more sensitive than otherwise.

Edited by Lexus77

Lucky you! :)

I think so, though I live in the Netherlands, not in Holland. But, to look up the worth of something, you must first believe it could be worth serious money. And, as I said, lots of people think a fountain pen is just obsolete junk.

The Kingdom of Holland! Are you living in the annexed part?

There are many fountain pen junkies on this site :)

The Kingdom of Holland! Are you living in the annexed part?

There are many fountain pen junkies on this site :)

:D

Yes, I sort of live in an annexed part... the low Saxon part, which originally speaks another, and older, language, though that's now slowly disappearing. The part we call Holland consists of two provinces in the west: North and South Holland. In recent times that's also the culturally and economically dominant part, which is why the rest of the world seems to think Holland is the entire country.

:D

Yes, I sort of live in an annexed part... the low Saxon part, which originally speaks another, and older, language, though that's now slowly disappearing. The part we call Holland consists of two provinces in the west: North and South Holland. In recent times that's also the culturally and economically dominant part, which is why the rest of the world seems to think Holland is the entire country.

The English also think that they are Great, but that's a different story. Good luck with your new hobby!

That's okay then. We're both writing in a second language, so misunderstandings can happen.

Many people from the Netherlands speak better English than British people.

Edited by Bluey

The English also think that they are Great, but that's a different story. Good luck with your new hobby!

Thanks. It's already becoming quite an obsession. Got ten (mostly cheap) pens by now, and a few in the mail. Also bought a pen case that can hold 48 of them, so I guess I'm planning on buying some more. :D

Many people from the Netherlands speak better English than British people.

I don't know about that, but sometimes I'm really surprised at the amount of simple mistakes I see from native speakers. Especially there/their/they're and mistakes like that. But, I do see a lot of those in Dutch from Dutch people too, so that might just mean I'm a bit of a grammar nazi.

Edited to correct a typo.

Edited by Lexus77

Thanks. It's already becoming quite an obsession. Got ten (mostly cheap) pens by now, and a few in the mail. Also bought a pen case that can hold 48 of them, so I guess I'm planning on buying some more. :D

I don't know about that, but sometimes I'm really surprised at the amoun of simple mistakes I see from native speakers. Especially there/their/they're and mistakes like that. But, I do see a lot of those in Dutch from Dutch people too, so that might just mean I'm a bit of a grammar nazi.

Except for MB etc maybe you could also try Chinese Jinhao pens. I bought a few X450, X750, 159 and some colourful pens. Cheap, but they often write very good.

You made a mistake as well, it's amount instead of amoun. So, what is the punishment according to your 'nazi' standards? :lol:

Except for MB etc maybe you could also try Chinese Jinhao pens. I bought a few X450, X750, 159 and some colourful pens. Cheap, but they often write very good.

You made a mistake as well, it's amount instead of amoun. So, what is the punishment according to your 'nazi' standards? :lol:

Yes, I am trying out some Chinese pens aswell. I had a bad experience with the first Hero 7009 I received, but encouraged by some advice I got on this forum, I ordered another one, which pleases me very much. I also have a very nice Baoer 801, which needed a little smoothing of the nib, but is quite pleasant, though a little too small for my taste. My first Jinhao X750 is on the way. Should have been here last week, but since it's coming all the way from China, I guess I just have to be patient. The fourth pen coming from China is a Duke Uranus.

Well, as a grammar nazi I wouldn't punish anyone for just missing a letter. After all, I'm a grammar nazi, not a typo nazi. :D

Edited by Lexus77