Show Off Your Pens And Gear! (Take A Photo)

Flippy

Pen & ink shrine. So neat!

I recognize a Captain's Commission on the left, near some shiny demonstrator. I bought one (under your influence, of course), and can't have enough of it. One of the pens that make you say "too good to be true". Thanks for another worthy heads-up!

Cheers Eli

It is a bit "shriney" looking right enough :D .

It's just as well it's only me that sees it, otherwise I may be looked upon as being a bit odd (nothing new there then!).

And, yes, The excellent Captains is the pen next to the demonstrator (Twsbi 580 Diamond AL)

You can't see clearly but there are in fact 2 Captains :wub: . One with a med italic, and one a fine italic, not that you can see the nibs of course. I use both every day, without fail.

Here's a better pic of the stands.

The first one I knocked up out of cardboard as a prototype to see if it was a worker, and I intended to make one for either side out of wood. This was about 5 months ago, and I haven't yet got the wood out of the shed. :lol:

fpn_1488916793__zz_left_stnd.jpg

This one is one of those make up brush stands that I've managed to cram a few pens into, and will be replaced by one of the wooden jobs....eventually.

I'm sure you'll recognise most of these as well.

fpn_1488917653__zz_lft_stnd.jpg

Ian

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flippy

• Ian the Jock

• eliweisz

• TheRealMikeDr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bluey

Thanks.

From left to right.

Asa Rainbow in cherry swirl acrylic.

Delta The Journal

And

A Picasso 915 Ruby.

Hannah's good thanks.

I've made a start on her spring haircut, and even though I've been thinning her legs for the last 2 nights she still looks like Madame Cholet. :)

^^ Ian - Haha, I finally broke down and bought one of those silver Jinhao dragon pens, now I'm trying to decide who to gift it to - it's far too heavy for me. Some lovely pens in your collection.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Well, no time to collect it all now, but here's all but the most recent three pens, as seen by Mr. Hippo, a facebook "celebrity" (with all of 5 fans):

16299119_1186633984788376_76113899770057

And here's what he had to say for himself:

Add another fan of Mr. Hippo. I think we have at least three pens in common (including the blue Waterman Laureat). Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Cheers Eli

It is a bit "shriney" looking right enough :D .

It's just as well it's only me that sees it, otherwise I may be looked upon as being a bit odd (nothing new there then!).

And, yes, The excellent Captains is the pen next to the demonstrator (Twsbi 580 Diamond AL)

You can't see clearly but there are in fact 2 Captains :wub: . One with a med italic, and one a fine italic, not that you can see the nibs of course. I use both every day, without fail.

Here's a better pic of the stands.

The first one I knocked up out of cardboard as a prototype to see if it was a worker, and I intended to make one for either side out of wood. This was about 5 months ago, and I haven't yet got the wood out of the shed. :lol:

fpn_1488916793__zz_left_stnd.jpg

This one is one of those make up brush stands that I've managed to cram a few pens into, and will be replaced by one of the wooden jobs....eventually.

I'm sure you'll recognise most of these as well.

Ian

Thank you for these pictures, so rich in detail. It's always a pleasure to see gorgeous pens, especially yours!

Practice, patience, perseverance

Hi Bluey

Thanks.

From left to right.

Asa Rainbow in cherry swirl acrylic.

Delta The Journal

And

A Picasso 915 Ruby.

Hannah's good thanks.

I've made a start on her spring haircut, and even though I've been thinning her legs for the last 2 nights she still looks like Madame Cholet. :)

Thanks Ian, I'm going to have a look for that Picasso one. No sign of it on ebay at the moment though.

Wow, Madame Cholet, now that's a blast from the past! I'd completely forgotten about the Wombles. And nice imagery :D. Whatever Hannah looks like I'm sure she'll still be cute.

Here's a pic of my trusty (and dusty) pen case.

http://i.imgur.com/cOKY5rM.jpg

Add another fan of Mr. Hippo. I think we have at least three pens in common (including the blue Waterman Laureat).

:) He'll be thrilled. Maybe he'll stop complaining about life on the shelf. That Waterman is great - isn't it? Nice, smooth writer.

Thank you for these pictures, so rich in detail. It's always a pleasure to see gorgeous pens, especially yours!

Thanks Eli

I'm pretty sure that your pens are equally, if not more impressive.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm going to have a look for that Picasso one. No sign of it on ebay at the moment though.

Wow, Madame Cholet, now that's a blast from the past! I'd completely forgotten about the Wombles. And nice imagery :D. Whatever Hannah looks like I'm sure she'll still be cute.

Bluey

You'll find the Picasso if you type in Picasso 915 celluloid, but it's considerably cheaper on ebay China where it can be had for around £22 including shipping.

It's quite dear compared to the regular, most popular Chinese offerings, but well worth the extra.

Ian

^^ Ian - Haha, I finally broke down and bought one of those silver Jinhao dragon pens, now I'm trying to decide who to gift it to - it's far too heavy for me. Some lovely pens in your collection.

Thanks chromantic.

I love the big dragon.

I don't mind heavy pens and it writes almost like a broad, and a very smooth one at that. :)

Mine is one of 2 dedicated Baystate blue pens,.. as if it's not bold enough!.

The other being another Jinhao, a blue 500 with a fine italic nib.

Ian

Here's a pic of my trusty (and dusty) pen case.

http://i.imgur.com/cOKY5rM.jpg

Go on! Open it up and let us see yer writers. :)

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock

Bluey

You'll find the Picasso if you type in Picasso 915 celluloid, but it's considerably cheaper on ebay China where it can be had for around £22 including shipping.

It's quite dear compared to the regular, most popular Chinese offerings, but well worth the extra.

Ian

Thanks, Ian. Found it!

this is my Delta pens Family.

from left to right

(Broad, EF, Stub, EF Fusion, EF Oversize)

post-132649-0-63782000-1489035920_thumb.jpg

i love my delta oversize pen with dolcevita notebook, looks very nice

post-132649-0-50294300-1489035998_thumb.jpg

Go on! Open it up and let us see yer writers. :)

Ian

Alright my good sir!

http://i.imgur.com/ZQtn5ON.jpg

From left to right: Pelikan K600 (with a gel refil), Montblanc Meisterstuck Ballpoint (with a gel refil), Waterman Expert ballpoint, Sailor Realo Pro Gear, Parker 51 (from the 60's), Pilot Falcon, Jinhao 159, Aurora 88, Pilot Metropolitan, Cross Townsend ballpoint.

this is my Delta pens Family.

from left to right

(Broad, EF, Stub, EF Fusion, EF Oversize)

attachicon.gif16998766_1875687939382482_7341770735734649394_n.jpg

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I just looove Deltas, their nibs are sublime, and your nibs are certainly droolworthy.

Alright my good sir!

http://i.imgur.com/ZQtn5ON.jpg

From left to right: Pelikan K600 (with a gel refil), Montblanc Meisterstuck Ballpoint (with a gel refil), Waterman Expert ballpoint, Sailor Realo Pro Gear, Parker 51 (from the 60's), Pilot Falcon, Jinhao 159, Aurora 88, Pilot Metropolitan, Cross Townsend ballpoint.

Now we're talking. :thumbup:

I'm really liking the Sailor, and the Aurora, and the ..........

The box is pretty impressive too.

Ian

Now we're talking. :thumbup:

I'm really liking the Sailor, and the Aurora, and the ..........

The box is pretty impressive too.

Ian

A man of good taste! The case was a gift from my wife - she has good taste in these matters.

She certainly does, it's magnif

Ian

Hi Ian.

I'm new to fountain pens, and am not yet able, for the most part, to recognize different brands of pens. Would you be so kind as to let me know the brands of the fourth, seventh, eighth, and tenth pens from the left in your photo below?

Regards,

Gary

...I'm sure you'll recognise most of these as well.

Ian