The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M150 For $75 U.s. - Is My Ad In Classifieds Reasonably Priced?

m150

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Inkroyable

Inkroyable

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:54

Too late, I realized I should have enquired here, first, before posting an ad to sell my like-new Pelikan M150.

I would appreciate your help in determining whether to leave my ad as it stands or delete it (if possible) and re-list it at an even lower price?

Recently I have returned to FPN after a few years of busyness and am not current with all protocols here. Hopefully I am not overstepping any rules by posing this question.

I look forward to your replies.

the Cat did it
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,602 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:25

For German prices that is E$10-15 too much. I bought one in a German Antique store for E35 I believe  last fall.

Prices go from E22, 35, 53-60.Those were 4 were sold.

There were many not Sold,these seven, E30-35,40,-60-70-80 and some one wished real hard at 100 and was politely ignored. 

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 21 February 2017 - 15:37.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#3 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:30

The U.S. prices on these range from $50-100 at auction. The higher end of that range is usually for new, boxed items. Based on your description, I'd say you're in the ballpark. These are probably best priced at $65 if you want it to move.

Edited by sargetalon, 21 February 2017 - 11:32.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#4 Inkroyable

Inkroyable

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 15:10

Thank you for your help. I will change the price to $65 as you suggest. It's a nice little pen but I don't use it and hope it will find a home with someone who will really appreciate and enjoy it.
Regards
the Cat did it
Posted Image

#5 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:44

When I bought mine, I got it on ebay from a UK seller and it was 35 GBP before shipping - that was last spring. I think after the currency conversion after shipping was $50-55. I think your shipping price may be a bit steep @ $8-14 for US shipping. Not sure I paid that much from the UK.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#6 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 13:39

I sent pyotrkot a message late Friday night offering to buy it but haven't heard back yet. :(

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#7 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:33

I sent pyotrkot a message late Friday night offering to buy it but haven't heard back yet. :(

He might be away.  Hasn't been active on FPN since 2/25.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m150

Sponsored Content

|