Help With Pen Case

Apm1

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum.

I need your help for finding a pen case for my needs. I am looking for something "roll" style, in leather, for 3 to 5 pens, nothing more.

Looking on the web, I noted this from Staedler which is made for the Japanese market only. Please refer to the link below

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=staedtler+leather+pen+case&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXrOqb4Z_SAhWE1hoKHWW8CLUQ_AUICCgC&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=3JWk-JJsd1ScVM:

This could be almost perfect for my needs. My only concerns are that the pockets are too large and I don't like the brand printed on the leather. And probably is a bit too tall because is made for accomodating pencils that usually arr longer then pens.

Could you guys suggest me some other alternatives?

Many thanks!

Edited by Apm1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apm1

• MrsHobie

• Drone

• Crisco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

​A couple quick and simple suggestions here:

1. place a 'want to buy' add in the classifieds here.
  2. search etsy. I see a lot of products from craft makers advertising their wares on etsy mentioned here; journal covers, journals, pen totes, wraps etc.

I have the same advice as Dr Codfish : search Etsy ! Lots of brilliant ideas from all over the world :D

(I sew penrolls, but not with leather, only cotton and sometimes silk ...)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

​A couple quick and simple suggestions here:

1. place a 'want to buy' add in the classifieds here.
  2. search etsy. I see a lot of products from craft makers advertising their wares on etsy mentioned here; journal covers, journals, pen totes, wraps etc.

Thank you DrCodfish, I had a look on Etsy over the past few days however the majority of the items were made in China. I was looking for someting more refined!

I have the same advice as Dr Codfish : search Etsy ! Lots of brilliant ideas from all over the world :D

(I sew penrolls, but not with leather, only cotton and sometimes silk ...)

Hello MrsHobie, where can I see your cotton rolls? do you have a website?

Thanks!

Hello MrsHobie, where can I see your cotton rolls? do you have a website?

Thanks!

Hello !

You can have a look at my signature for the link to my tiny Etsy shop and all the penrolls I've sewn are on my FB profile (link in signature)

Edited by MrsHobie

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

I like the cloth rolls better than leather for weight and suppleness and there is no problem with discoloration or oxidation or tarnishing that you may get from the leather tanning processes used....oh, and PRICE!

Edited by mbankirer

Other ideas guys ??

fpn_1344918498__pencarrier.jpg

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Other ideas guys ??

Howdy Sasha,

I can make it for you. I recently designed a tool roll for my antique and modern crochet hooks.

For males, the fabric for a pen roll will be more masculine. This sample is 'girly'.

http://lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/search?q=crochet

What say you?

• Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

I have a leather roll that I got a local art/craft show; it is actually a pencil roll but the slots aren't too tall. They were a bit narrow for some pens at first, but the leather has stretched nicely. You might look for local leather workers & see if anyone nearby either makes one or would be willing to custom make one.

Also, Edison Pens has two options, a 4 slot and a 6 slot - http://edisonpen.com/pen-rolls.

I have a leather roll that I got a local art/craft show; it is actually a pencil roll but the slots aren't too tall. They were a bit narrow for some pens at first, but the leather has stretched nicely. You might look for local leather workers & see if anyone nearby either makes one or would be willing to custom make one.

Also, Edison Pens has two options, a 4 slot and a 6 slot - http://edisonpen.com/pen-rolls.

The 4 pens roll made by Edison Pen looks very nice!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In case you haven't found something yet, here are two that have been on my radar:

The first is from a rising star in bespoke leather products, Galen Leather. Their products are getting a lot of excellent reviews from all over the web (google them sometime and all of the big blogs have done reviews for them).

https://www.galenleather.com/collections/tool-rolls-pen-rolls/products/new-personalized-leather-tool-roll-tool-bag-multiple-colors

Second is from a well-known group in the Kickstarter world - Allegory. I hadn't ever seen this pen roll until this weekend when I was searching for something else, but I bookmarked it and it is on my "to buy soon" list for sure.

https://www.allegorygoods.com/all-products/writing-tool-wrap

Hope those might help.

In case you haven't found something yet, here are two that have been on my radar:

The first is from a rising star in bespoke leather products, Galen Leather. Their products are getting a lot of excellent reviews from all over the web (google them sometime and all of the big blogs have done reviews for them).

https://www.galenleather.com/collections/tool-rolls-pen-rolls/products/new-personalized-leather-tool-roll-tool-bag-multiple-colors

Second is from a well-known group in the Kickstarter world - Allegory. I hadn't ever seen this pen roll until this weekend when I was searching for something else, but I bookmarked it and it is on my "to buy soon" list for sure.

https://www.allegorygoods.com/all-products/writing-tool-wrap

Hope those might help.

Many thanks, I will have a look!

Hi Apm1,

Kevin over at Fountain Pen Revolution (FPR) is selling 100% Genuine Leather 6-pen rolls with protective fold-over. The wrap is 9.8” X 6.7” (25 X 17cm) and sells for $32 USD each. FPR has a U.S. outlet with stock now, but I don't know if they are carrying the pen wraps. Otherwise, FPR items ship from Kevin's base in India. I think the standard shipping is via SpeedPost (or similar) with tracking.

Here's a link for the FPR leather pen wraps:

http://fountainpenrevolution.com/penpouches.html

I don't own one of these wraps, so I can't attest to the quality. But I have purchased from FPR on a number of occasions and found the service to be excellent and the products to be as advertised. If you have any questions, just drop Kevin an Email.

Best Regards, David in Jakarta

Hi Apm1,

Kevin over at Fountain Pen Revolution (FPR) is selling 100% Genuine Leather 6-pen rolls with protective fold-over. The wrap is 9.8” X 6.7” (25 X 17cm) and sells for $32 USD each. FPR has a U.S. outlet with stock now, but I don't know if they are carrying the pen wraps. Otherwise, FPR items ship from Kevin's base in India. I think the standard shipping is via SpeedPost (or similar) with tracking.

Here's a link for the FPR leather pen wraps:

http://fountainpenrevolution.com/penpouches.html

I don't own one of these wraps, so I can't attest to the quality. But I have purchased from FPR on a number of occasions and found the service to be excellent and the products to be as advertised. If you have any questions, just drop Kevin an Email.

Best Regards, David in Jakarta

Many thanks David, I will give a look!