The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Platinum Pocket Pen - Nib

platinum pka 500 clover short pocket

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingRoach

KingRoach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 22:43

Hello forum,

I've just bought what I think may be a Platinum PKA 500. The design is white with green clovers, exactly the same as the pen in this link

http://www.vitstyle....untain-pen.html

with one difference being, the nib is steel. I checked the photos very well, above the P symbol on the nib, nothing is written. Only some japanese under it.

Does anybody have any expeirence with the performance of this pen/nib? And would it be possible to swab the nibs on it? I intended this pen to be a present for my wife but was hoping the nib would be gold. Unfortunately, it wasn't. The pen is still on its way in the mail.

Edited by KingRoach, 20 February 2017 - 22:44.

Sponsored Content

#2 Pactagon

Pactagon

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:48

You could try buying another Platinum Pocket Pen on Yahoo Auctions and swap the nib over, but you'll need a tool to remove the lock ring inside the pen to get the nib out.

Instagram: @Pactagon

#3 KingRoach

KingRoach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 21:04

So it is not as straightforward as other pens. Is there a video on image online that shows this locking ring so I am familiar with it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platinum, pka 500, clover, short, pocket

Sponsored Content

|