• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tasmith

• JordanN

• GClef

• Crisco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curious - is it possible to try and or buy a Nakaya at these smaller shows? I'm thinking about driving down, but I only have a few things on my list and it's not a short drive...

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

anyone know which nibmeisters will be in attendance? I got a few pens that need some work.

According to the vendor list, I recognize Richard Binder and Mike & Linda Kennedy.

Would be nice if they listed the vendors specialty next to their names for those of us who are relatively new to this hobby.

Wish I could go. Baltimore is a semi-reasonable drive (closer than Philly, and MUCH closer than Raleigh) but it's too close time-wise to when we run our sideline business. As opposed to the Long Island show, which hits either the drive down or the drive back.... I'll probably never get to that one. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I regularly attend LA, Chicago, DC, and Ohio but have never tried the Baltimore show. My daughter now lives there and we will be visiting next week so I'm thinking of giving it a shot. If only I hadn't just spent soooo much in LA!!!

Baltimore is on the small to medium size, but they always have a great selection and variety of vendors. Bert Oser of Bertram's Inkwell does a wonderful job of organizing it! http://www.bertramsinkwell.com/

Edited by Tasmith

Hi all!

My wife & I attended last year's show on Friday. It is smaller than the DC Supershow, but it is also so much easier to have pen repairs and nib work performed when the lines are shorter. Prior to last year, we only attended the DC show, so the timing of the Baltimore show is good for a "pen fix". Nice show. See you there!

Regards,

Craig

I will be there making nibs happy happy.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

This'll be my first pen show! I had hoped to make the DC pen show last year, but wasn't able to at the last minute.

I've been experimenting with nib grinding and would love the opinions (be merciless critics!) of fellow FPN members, if anyone would be interested in providing some constructive criticism.

I've been scouring Ebay trying to find a good price on an Esterbrook, maybe I'll have luck at the show!

This'll be my first pen show! I had hoped to make the DC pen show last year, but wasn't able to at the last minute.

Here's a great first pen show primer from Richard Binder:

http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref/shows/firstshow.htm

Edited by Tasmith

This show is always great!

Looking forward to it!

Frank

Fed Pens

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Heres a link to the last email campaign with some more details.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1100532595874&ca=3c52632f-32fd-40ce-af54-636bb0cc044e

I know Richard Binder, Mike & Linda Kennedy and Josh Lax will be grinding and Martain Ferguson will be doing repairs and Jim Rouse will be doing nib adjustments at the Franklin-Christoph table.

I am excited to see what the new hotel is like!

Meet ups will be after the show on Friday and Saturday as usual with an Aurora meet showing off the new Aurora Flex pens on Saturday night.

Edited by Earthdawn

Would someone post a followup after the show with a recap of pen stores/resources in B'more? I can't make it to the show, but visit Baltimore about once a year and would like to know where to shop (or at least window shop). Thanks!