• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oranges and Apples

• oldrifleman

• amberleadavis

• mehandiratta

This is not my all-time favorite ink, because I like black inks best, BUT Apache Sunset rates high on the Fabulous meter.

I especially enjoy using Apache Sunset during Autumn.

Great review!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Great review, thank you. I love this (and all orange/red) ink BUT, there are times when, if left unused for a while (think days+) it just will not dry. The last time I wrote a letter, I left it overnight and it still smudged wildly and the lines were still wet! Very disappointed.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

When an old friend visited me to share her late husband's fountain pens with me, she was interested in my "new hobby," even if she didn't want to keep the pens she had brought to me. It was great fun; she had also included her own pens, used throughout school years & you could see the "evolution of pen use from Esterbrook to the more sophisticated Sheaffer filling systems, many with her teeth imprints on the barrels!"

I did have one of my pens filled with Apache Sunset & she did leave with that pen & it's bottle of ink! She may not have wanted her late husband's MB 146 & pencil with leather case, Cross Townsend & Laureats, BUT she liked Apache Sunset so much she was happy to "start over" with use of fountain pens, because of seeing that ink, "work it's wonders!"

It was my pleasure to give her a Sailor Tortoise Magellan & another bottle of Apache Sunset after she "got going!" I say it is pretty magical stuff if you can convince a confirmed "only my Fisher Space Pen, for me, Please; these are all just cluttering up my desk, since Joe died," to leave with a new pen & later be happy to have another pen & her second bottle of Apache Sunset!

Edited by Barkingpig

I have a bottle and while it is not my favorite, it is ok, I have never had a problem with it not drying. I do wonder about it fading with time.

I like that, the fabulous meter.

This is not my all-time favorite ink, because I like black inks best, BUT Apache Sunset rates high on the Fabulous meter.

I especially enjoy using Apache Sunset during Autumn.

Great review!

Thank you.

Very nice review.

You are welcome.

Thanks for reviewing this ink...one of my favorites.

Mary

That usually happens when the paper is heavily coated and the ink does not get absorbed. That is why I do not like the drying time on this ink but the color is amazing and it's hard to find a replacement.

Great review, thank you. I love this (and all orange/red) ink BUT, there are times when, if left unused for a while (think days+) it just will not dry. The last time I wrote a letter, I left it overnight and it still smudged wildly and the lines were still wet! Very disappointed.

What a beautiful story. An ink reignited the magic.Thank you for sharing.

When an old friend visited me to share her late husband's fountain pens with me, she was interested in my "new hobby," even if she didn't want to keep the pens she had brought to me. It was great fun; she had also included her own pens, used throughout school years & you could see the "evolution of pen use from Esterbrook to the more sophisticated Sheaffer filling systems, many with her teeth imprints on the barrels!"

I did have one of my pens filled with Apache Sunset & she did leave with that pen & it's bottle of ink! She may not have wanted her late husband's MB 146 & pencil with leather case, Cross Townsend & Laureats, BUT she liked Apache Sunset so much she was happy to "start over" with use of fountain pens, because of seeing that ink, "work it's wonders!"

It was my pleasure to give her a Sailor Tortoise Magellan & another bottle of Apache Sunset after she "got going!" I say it is pretty magical stuff if you can convince a confirmed "only my Fisher Space Pen, for me, Please; these are all just cluttering up my desk, since Joe died," to leave with a new pen & later be happy to have another pen & her second bottle of Apache Sunset!

It only happens to papers that are coated as the coat on the paper does not allow the ink to be soaked into it. I honestly think that this ink will not completely dry on its own. If you leave the bottle uncapped for years, I would bet that the ink will not dry out completely and there will be liquid left for you to fill you pen.

I have a bottle and while it is not my favorite, it is ok, I have never had a problem with it not drying. I do wonder about it fading with time.

Nice review. I like this ink too. With the right wet nib, it can be quite brilliant.

fpn_1487566816__apache_sunset.jpg

I like that, That is what I was expecting, but on my pens it never delivered that color variation/depth. I need to try it on a broader nib and see what it looks like.

Thank you for the review and the stories.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is a fun ink. A happy ink. I really need to put it in a pen as it has been out of rotation for a while. I have as many as four or five pens inked with different reds right now. Diamine Merlot, Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot, Blackstone Red Cashmere and Uluru Red and I just finished a fill of Levenger Pomegranate.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I really agree with this. It brings an extra jolt of joy to my day.

This is a fun ink. A happy ink.

I have a bottle and while I do like it, I just can't find too many uses for it. It never seems right for letters, or work, or...any of the writing I do.

But I do like it.

I was going to post my own review but I saw this one and I might as well share my two cents here...

My story with Noodler's Apache Sunset is that I love it, I've never enjoy so much writing with an ink and a pen like this. I'm very new to all these inks and fountain pens but this ink just stole my heart, I will use it for my journal, also write a letter in warm summers and even sketch with it in my sketching book, why not. Your review is awesome, I like the way you wrote your story...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/emeraldqueen1/Untitled-1_zpsfgxkouyr.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/emeraldqueen1/apachesunsetreview2017_zpsa5musyk1.jpg

Edited by MRose

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

I have this ink loaded into a TWBSI 580 with a 1.1 stub and it really changed my perspective on the ink. It has much more color variation and depth with the line variations from the stub. I really like it, not sure it is my "Happy" ink, but it one that will stay in the desk.

Edited by oldrifleman

• 2 weeks later...