Help Spend My Money!

kelvinkeh

Which Montblanc should I buy next?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Montblanc should I buy next?

• Solitaire Martele
    • Another 149 in O3B + Heritage 1912 (because why not)
    • Heritage 1914
    • Hitchcock
    • Save your money, spend it on ink
    • Something else (please suggest)

I know right? In terms of absolute length it does not look that much longer than 149, so Im guessing its more about the girth of the pen.

It is much longer when uncapped and the nib is extended. The reason it looks simlar in lengh toa 149 is because it has a retractible nib so the cap sits much farther down, like a safety pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelvinkeh

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

• Mastiff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do wonder how you can write with the 1914 though given its size, anyone care to post a picture?

I know right? In terms of absolute length it does not look that much longer than 149, so Im guessing its more about the girth of the pen.

I thought about that when I was buying a pen, so the day before I took these two pictures to compare.

Me holding a 1912.

fpn_1487623710__img_4525.jpg

Me holding the 1914.

fpn_1487623755__img_4523.jpg

But really.. it gets very comfortable after 1-2 weeks of handling it.

Here's the comparison to the 149 uncapped

fpn_1487624392__img_8047.jpg

OK Ive had some time to think about this and also Pravda's pictures helped a lot. The 1914 just seems far too big to be practical for me I think. Im leaning towards one of the other options now. Ive not looked into the skeletons so will have a scan around for whats available, prices etc.

I have to say though, the 1914 is a popular choice if you look at the poll results thus far!

I voted for the Martele, but on second thoughts, have seen so many people who like B nibs overjoyed with the 1912, so that might be a nice change from the 149!

At first I voted for another 149 in O3B + a Heritage 1912, but after going through this thread and doing a little research, I'm leaning more towards the 1914. I knew it was pretty large, but i had no idea it was THAT large. Pretty cool...

Edited by JLocrian

Hi all, here's an update. Ive placed an order for another 149, and it will go back to MB to have an O3B nib fitted. That will do me for awhile I think. I also have quite a few ink bottles coming my way so this will be fun :)

Hi all, here's an update. Ive placed an order for another 149, and it will go back to MB to have an O3B nib fitted. That will do me for awhile I think. I also have quite a few ink bottles coming my way so this will be fun :)

~ -kk-

That's great news!

An OBBB nib offers a delightful writing experience.

Is the 149 you ordered yellow gold, platinum or red gold?

Tom K.

Hi Tom, it will be yellow gold to complete the range - I already have them in rose gold and platinum. Its a looooooong wait.