The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Anyone Have An Esty J Series Clip?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poolorpond74

poolorpond74

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 17:32

Hi guys. This is my first post to FPN. I'm a pretty casual FP user. My first FP was a Uranus Fat Man- fine, hooded nib with a little flash. Since then I have been buying cheapies from Ebay for my students. I teach and often give (or loan) my students fountain pens to use to encourage mindfulness in their penmanship. It seems to work, and they seem to get a kick out of the novelty. However, I just bought a beautiful, blue Esterbrook J on the cheap because it has a broken clip. This pen might just be the start of a collection. I really like it. Originally, the broken clip didn't bother me, as I was just going to let my students use it in class.  I still plan on letting them use it, but, being so beautiful, I feel compelled to replace the clip. Does anyone have a 3 ribbed clip or busted cap they would part with. I'm more than handy and feel confident in punching out the jewel and re-riveting the clip (found great resources to figure this out). Happy to pay. Thanks.

Attached Images

• esterbrook j clip.jpg

Edited by poolorpond74, 18 February 2017 - 17:47.

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 18:05

Your jewel doesn't look like a ribbed (aka toaster top) jewel but standard button jewel.  Early button jewels had threaded shanks but later ones were press fit.

Yours looks to be a mess anyway.  A replacement cap would be a 10 item and some postage making surgical effort unnecessary. 

Where are you located?  Perhaps you could come to a Pen Function and dig through a parts bin or two.

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 20:04

Long ride from Massachusetts.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#4 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:02

Long ride from Massachusetts.

Indeed. I was of course thinking you might have been within driving distance which of course is currently somewhere in Vermont...
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Sponsored Content

|