Pif: Fellowship 505 Ft

This giveaway is for the above pen, a clear acrylic Indian eyedropper that was a free gift with another pen. I'm not keen on eyedroppers, so this little pen can go to a home where it's appreciated.

Please note, the gold-coloured cap band has come loose but I'm sure it can be glued back in place. Will not affect the pen's performance!

I would prefer this to go to a UK pen user with limited funds for new pens, but will consider other applicants.

Best wishes,

Sue

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbs

• plumecrazy

• KingRoach

• Ladyinheels58

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the US, so not sure you'd ship here. But I see you've received no response yet, so I'd be grateful to give this pen a try. I don't see a pic of it here though.

I m not in the uk either but would like to throw my hat in the ring .

Sorry to butt in, I'm in the UK but not quite a newbie to fountain pens, so if you're waiting for someone with limited funds for fountain pens, I may not be the person. I'm looked for information about this pen and couldn't find any. I like a performer cheap pen (I want to use pens, not just display them), and have never tried an indian pen. Have you used it? And how would you describe it?

I've never tried an eyedropper, but would like to (because, mess? Hell, yes!) and don't (yet) have billions of pens (half a dozen, ranging from £1 to about £50) (or unlimited funds: I should be done for a while now) so would be interested, if I fall within the target market. If there is someone more exactly the obvious recipient, go for it...

Thanks.

Well, that seems to be it for this offer - Plumecrazy, you seem the best fit for this pen if you want to try out an eyedropper. It's only a little cheapie but it writes quite nicely - and you get to see the ink! Please PM me your address and I'll get it off to you.

Sorry everyone else! Good luck with other PIFs .....

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

That's a generous response from you, KingRoach. If I get another I'll let you know!

Best wishes, Sue

This is about sending pens to good homes. I am happy a pen isn't gonna be left in a drawer, and somebody who likes pens is going to use one. Just because I did not get something doesn't make me feel bad at all. I have quite a few pens and I appreciate that I have them.

I think it was also generous of you that you offered a pen to be rehomed rather than remain useless.

I'm waiting for the time I do that myself and send one of my pens or inks to somebody to make their day.

All the bestest.

Noah

Thank you bbs! And thanks, KingRoach - I will report surely back. I am already thinking about what ink will be most fun to try in it.

• 2 weeks later...

post-134448-0-21326400-1488985231.jpg

There's something vaguely alarming about all that ink, so very close to hand, so I don't think I'm going to be putting this one in my bag, but leaving it safely on my desk. Where it is a very cute addition indeed.

(I'm already contemplating the next ink into it, and that it should be my Pelikan highlighter ink sample. This will make a superb highlighter/markup pen, I think.)

Thank you ever so much!

So glad it found a better home than with me - and Autumn Oak is one of my favourites, looks great! Your writing makes it look very smart, with a touch of line variation!

The syringe-fillers from The Writing Desk are what you need. Don't know how I managed without one before!

That's exactly what I used, Sue, having by a miracle picked one up last week (along with the lovely Autumn Oak). I found it oddly perplexing getting the ink to flow from the pen end into the nib end- perhaps I was doing something wrong, but it seemed to take some alarming jiggery-pokery to go from having the ink on one side of an airlock without unscrewing the whole thing to the point where I let it back out all over my fingers. I was very relieved when the process was successfully completed. (Because I know, from experience how far even a small amount of ink travels outside of a pen. Haha, yes...)

And thank you my writing isn't fuzzy in real life, either ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I just learnt about burping in a big way.

Actually, what just happened is probably more like the pen equivalent of projectile vomiting.

Hahahaha.

I don't really care, - it's not a fatal flaw - but have made note to self to use with all due caution. And probably not while wearing best clothes. And maybe stick to washable inks.

Edited by plumecrazy

Oh no! I hope the damage wasn't too serious ..... Relieved that you could laugh about it