The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Has Anyone Purchased Pens Or Ink From Amazon Us/uk?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lordofnumpties

lordofnumpties

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 14:35

Could you please share your experience?

1.How did they ship the product? Did it arrive safely?
2.Do they accept returns/refunds?
3. Was the pricing all right?

Thanks.

EDIT: This question was directed at people who have ordered Amazon US products from India and got those products shipped to an Indian address. I realise that the shipping policy varies from seller to seller but I was trying to get a rough idea. In particular I wanna buy this...
https://www.amazon.c...inum carbon ink

Edited by lordofnumpties, 16 February 2017 - 15:39.

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 14:36

Yes loads of times. Their returns policy is iron clad.

flying-letter-exc.png

#3 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 14:43

Yes, I have. Many times from US Amazon.
Well packaged. Arrived safely.
Excellent return policies.
Prices are variable. Have to do price comparisons. Sometimes great. Sometimes not so good.

Look into Prime for free shipping.

Mary

#4 lordofnumpties

lordofnumpties

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 15:40

Sorry, I forgot to add the most important detail: I want the product shipped to India. I am wary of losing the product in transit because India Post steals all my stuff regularly. Anyone have any experience with international shipping, especially in India? Do they use the national postal services or some private shipping agency? What happens if your order gets stolen in transit?

#5 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 5,401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 18:56

Sorry, I forgot to add the most important detail: I want the product shipped to India. I am wary of losing the product in transit because India Post steals all my stuff regularly. Anyone have any experience with international shipping, especially in India? Do they use the national postal services or some private shipping agency? What happens if your order gets stolen in transit?

I think you answer your own question mate.    You are really not asking about Amazon policies, but about India Post.  If India Post steals your packages, do you expect Amazon to refund you?

Sorry I can't help.  I am in Canada and have never had an issue with either Amazon or CanadaPost... 

C. 

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#6 lordofnumpties

lordofnumpties

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 22:51

I think you answer your own question mate.    You are really not asking about Amazon policies, but about India Post.  If India Post steals your packages, do you expect Amazon to refund you?

No. I am asking about people's experiences with shipping from Amazon US/UK to India in the hopes that Amazon sellers who ship to India have found an alternative to India Post, such as some reliable private courier services or Amazon India's delivery service.

No, I don't expect them to pay for India Post's thieving (in fact, I don't want India Post involved at all), but some sellers have their deliveries over a certain amount insured. While the sellers themselves are the best source of that sort of information, I wouldn't mind if someone mentioned something about insured deliveries in their post besides sharing their overall purchasing experience.

Apart from all that, I have contacted a few sellers directly. The specifics will be their responsibility.

#7 Chrissy

Chrissy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 8,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 22:57

Sorry, but when I answered, I answered the original post without the edit. I don't have any ideas at all about India Post.

flying-letter-exc.png

#8 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 23:09

Sorry, but when I answered, I answered the original post without the edit. I don't have any ideas at all about India Post.

I'd certainly say you left out the punchline! I don't have a clue about shipping to India from US Amazon

#9 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 5,401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:06

Got it!!!...  This is a much better drafted and explicit question.   Sorry I can't help, but now the people who can will be able to answer you.

C.

No. I am asking about people's experiences with shipping from Amazon US/UK to India in the hopes that Amazon sellers who ship to India have found an alternative to India Post, such as some reliable private courier services or Amazon India's delivery service.

No, I don't expect them to pay for India Post's thieving (in fact, I don't want India Post involved at all), but some sellers have their deliveries over a certain amount insured. While the sellers themselves are the best source of that sort of information, I wouldn't mind if someone mentioned something about insured deliveries in their post besides sharing their overall purchasing experience.

Apart from all that, I have contacted a few sellers directly. The specifics will be their responsibility.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#10 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:25

Amazon has their own shipping method... they also charge you the customs upfront if you are ordering from UK or USA....

Nowadays Amazon India has global front store where you can buy the items directly from India...

Check link below :

http://www.amazon.in...d_i=10998136031

and moreover your shipment is guaranteed for delivery ...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

wordpress blog | instagram | twitter

#11 Antriksh

Antriksh

Near Mint

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:30

Amazon has their own shipping method... they also charge you the customs upfront if you are ordering from UK or USA....
Nowadays Amazon India has global front store where you can buy the items directly from India...
Check link below :

http://www.amazon.in...d_i=10998136031

and moreover your shipment is guaranteed for delivery ...

Means if I ordered a pilot custom heritage 92 worth rate 105$ in Amazon USA then I don't need to pay the custom charges extra?

#12 Chrissy

Chrissy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 8,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:45

Means if I ordered a pilot custom heritage 92 worth rate 105$ in Amazon USA then I don't need to pay the custom charges extra?

You will pay whatever is due up front to Amazon.com, then no extra.

flying-letter-exc.png

#13 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:19

I am saying order from Amazon.in 

they pick custom charges upfront ... they have global store ...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

wordpress blog | instagram | twitter

Sponsored Content

|