• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• Prince

• Croma

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The nib looks ok. Not the best photos. If it is a piston fill, you are probably ok. I would Google the serial number though and the edition number. This is a very often faked pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Not to say that it makes this one legit but the fakes I've seen have had a nib that resembles the two tone nib on a Legrand (only poorly done). This one appears to have the correct nib.

That definitely looks like an authentic Jules Verne to me. I assume it's a standard Montblanc piston filler mechanism? if so, no worries.

You need to take care to not let that band next to the nib get corroded.

How do you google the number? Number/18500 and Jules Verne?

I would do montblanc Verne ###### and see if you get results. If so, it is usually people reporting a fake unless it is an ad for a previous sale fo the pen. Often hfakers use the same serial number on all the fakes in one production run.

Your nib looks fine and the pen looks used which is also a decent sign someone is not tyring to sell you a brand new knockoff from China. But do make sure it is a piston filler. If not, there is no version of the fountain pen that was ever a cartridge/converter filler.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

That definitely looks like an authentic Jules Verne to me. I assume it's a standard Montblanc piston filler mechanism? if so, no worries.

You need to take care to not let that band next to the nib get corroded.

The band fell off mine after it hit the floor a few times...

I guess... wait... those are a joke...

I only bought the JV because I came across a $$$ windfall and decided I would buy the Writer's LE that was the new kid in the store at the time.

It cannot be a popular pen compared to other LE though...

Edited by torstar

Hi Prince ,

Your JV appears to be genuine, but a small reservation on the "flaking " or "peel Off " on the section . You can have a comparison with the pics posted below. ( pics are from my MB JV bought from MB Germany directly way back in the year of its release ). Hope pics will add more clarity to your evaluation.

fpn_1487315865__021.jpg

fpn_1487315896__022.jpg

fpn_1487315930__023.jpg

fpn_1487315976__024.jpg

fpn_1487316017__026.jpg

fpn_1487315361__385.jpg

fpn_1487315439__386.jpg

Regards,

Pankaj

His pen is authentic. The band next to the nib probably just needs cleaning is all. I wasn't suggesting it was flaking or peeling off. It might just be reflections on the photo. :)