The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Camlin 22: Dry Start-Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 k3eax

k3eax

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 14:37

While this eye-dropper has proven to be otherwise good value-for money, I find the problem of dry start-up to be a bit discouraging. Use becomes possible only after a vigorous shake and a few dry strokes. Are there modifications that when made would eliminate this problem? And by the way, I've used two inks, Hero's  black and Noodler's "bullet-proof" black, and yet with both I experience the same dry start-up.

Sponsored Content

#2 k3eax

k3eax

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 14:53

While this eye-dropper has proven to be otherwise good value-for money, I find the problem of dry start-up to be a bit discouraging. Use becomes possible only after a vigorous shake and a few dry strokes. Are there modifications that when made would eliminate this problem? And by the way, I've used two inks, Hero's  black and Noodler's "bullet-proof" black, and yet with both I experience the same dry start-up.

http://penmuseum.co.uk/master%202.htm

The request quoted above was placed several days ago and read by 41 member none of whom responded. Some no doubt lacked the the knowledge and experience to answer my request while others, with such knowledge and experience, decided not to take the time to respond with helpful suggestions. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with  the lack of community spirit that was shown on this sub-forum.

The link above is to a site that was found by me after it became obvious that my request for help would not be answered .The information it offers should be helpful to others who are also ignored.     

Sponsored Content

|