Buying From Appelboom Vs La Couronne Du Comte?

smileypen

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I can't seem to create a thread in Market Watch.

Has anyone got any experience in either of these companies? I wish to purchase a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi from Australia and I have found both to be the same price with 10% off discount codes and the removal of VAT.

Which one would be better to purchase off?

Kind regards.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smileypen

• mehandiratta

• Barkingpig

• praxim

Whichever, is what I expect. I have direct experience only of LCdC (excellent) but often read equally positive information about AB here. I think you are looking at a competitive market with good companies in it. Do something, and enjoy your new pen sooner.

My view. :)

X

Whichever, is what I expect. I have direct experience only of LCdC (excellent) but often read equally positive information about AB here. I think you are looking at a competitive market with good companies in it. Do something, and enjoy your new pen sooner.

My view. :)

Thanks for the input, I have heard good things about both companies as well, was just making sure everything was okay before I made a large purchase decision!

If you want to pay with PayPal AB charges 3% , LCdC does not. I have bought from both of them and have had no problems with ether of them.

Both companies offer 10% discounts; La Couronne du Comte's discount code is: GOURMET10 & Appelboom is: FRIEND, both offers exclude Montblanc purchases from these discounts. (These were courtesy of Gourmet Pens' web site.)

I've bought most of my recent pens from LCDC. Excellent services and competitive prices. I cannot recommend them more.

One more to consider is Fontoplumo....

I have had an amazing experience with them ...

I am in India.. have done numerous transactions with him...

The other two are equally good

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

AB have a 14% discount code for Valentine's Day

Thanks, saw that but if they charge PayPal fees I might go with LCDC.

One more to consider is Fontoplumo....

I have had an amazing experience with them ...

I am in India.. have done numerous transactions with him...

The other two are equally good

Cheers for that, do they have any discount codes?

They are both great, prompt and responsivery with good packaging and shipping. Either is a safe, fine choice.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Both are very well.

You may want to compare products. For exemple, Appelboom has ink brands that LcdC has not, namely Blackstone and Bookbinders.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Both are very well.

You may want to compare products. For exemple, Appelboom has ink brands that LcdC has not, namely Blackstone and Bookbinders.

Thanks, I already have a large variety of inks, I will most likely only be purchasing a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi.

And there is also Iguana Sell.

Iguana Sell appears to be much more expensive. The EURO and USD are fairly comparable, on Appelboom and LcdC, the price for the pen is 409.09 EURO, on Iguana it is 640 USD.

I think you will find you have to remove tax yourself at IguanaSell, up until you check out. They may have a login process which does it for you while looking at prices, as at LCdC. Nonetheless, for recent purchases by me IS have still wanted more in A$.

X

I do some purchases from LcDC but always ask before you buy something, the don't put the inventory online, I have purchased several times and after I've placed the order they tell me that I have to wait because the are out of stock, overall I recommend it.