The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Airmail 71Jt - Demonstrator Eyedropper How-To And Demonstration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 19:22

Hello everyone, 

I decided to try an Airmail 71JT. For those interested in how it looks, how to swap nibs or how to fill it as an eyedropper, please refer to my video. 

Filling an eyedropper is not rocket science, however I remember back when I first fell into this fun hobby and I had no idea what anyone meant when they said "eye dropper pen". So this is geared toward beginners as well as those who simply want to see the Airmail 71JT in action. 

It's quite a nice looking pen. I really like the translucent barrel. Being an eyedropper, it's cool to see pure ink in the barrel as opposed to ink and piston filling mechanism. 

Some notes: 

• The pen is relatively large and has a nice weight to it.
  • In keeping with the inexpensive theme, I decided to swap in another inexpensive nib: a Noodler's 'broad'. These nibs can be had for approximately $3 and for that price they are really quite good. The Fine nib that came on the pen is acceptable; I'm a tinkerer and like to make little projects, hence the nib swap. 
  • The pen, syringe and grease were all purchased from Fountain Pen Revolution. Very easy ordering, inexpensive shipping and quick delivery. 
  • The quality of the pen is quite good. It was around $15 and for that price I'd have accepted, shall we say, "unrefinement" --but the quality is great. It's quite attractive in fact. 
  • After a bit of usage since swapping nibs, there have been no flow issues or hard starts. 

Overall I'm quite pleased with this pen.

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

Sponsored Content

#2 rahulchandna

rahulchandna

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:42

Thank you !

Sponsored Content