Parker 75 - Unusual Lower Nib Section

Slimfish

Recently I was lucky enough to get my hands on an unusual Parker 75.

I own a lot of 75 with a variety of lower shell nib sections but have never heard of or seen this one.

Research tells me it is one of the first models produced at Meru in 1969.

The other thing about it is the lower shell has a number / letter / character on it below the screw thread. (MkI thin nib )

The only exact reference to this nib section is at

http://www.parker75.addr.com/Reference/Parker75_Ref.htm

I would be very interested to know if any other members have an unusual section ringed 75’s ( not just the standard 4 versions – the USA chrome lined with / without the 0 or both plain thin and wide band French gold rings )

Photographs would be great.

Anything anyone can add to what has already mentioned on the parker75.com link about these unusual types of sections would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

post-133213-0-22335100-1486730268.jpg

post-133213-0-89979600-1486730283.jpg

post-133213-0-37395400-1486730303.jpg

post-133213-0-41069800-1486730324.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slimfish

• mitto

• wspohn

• Brian-McQueen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I have a few French pens with numbers on the threaded parts of the sections. And the rings on the nib ends are gold but with two or three different pattern lines/designs.

Khan M. Ilyas

Sir,

If you have a few minutes to spare I would like to look at some photographs of your splendid collection of 75 nib sections.

Thanks

A Great Many Thanks for your replies to my post.

for mitto

If you have a moment please can I have look at the photographs you mentioned.

There is nothing loaded into this post.

for wspohn

Your comments 'Think that's just early French production'

Given your comments I assume that is pen is nothing unusual, perhaps you would like to post some photographs of your P75 's you consider very rare for us to look at.

Many thanks

I have all of the Premiers except the solid gold versions http://www.parker75.addr.com/Reference/75_Branches/Premier.htm

I have Lapi Lazuli and Midnight Blue, as well as all of the other Laque series, and I also have one pen with a Titanium nib (regular 75, not all Titanium not the T-1) which is rather unusual.

Don't recall how many 75s I have - maybe 75 or so.

Better picturs than I can take are on Litah's site above..

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

No, just like the pen and collected a bunch over the years.

I often use a Premier Athenes with a needlepoint nib as I like a very fine nib.

I also have a few rare ones like the sterling Fougere and Florence but the Damier continues to elude me.

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

Robert Fripp

If you have a few moments to spare can you PLEASE load a few photographs of any rare P75's you have.

I would really like to look at them.

wspohn

Now this whole post was worth it for your one photograph.

Dead impressed.

Do you collect any other Parker pens?

I have a few 51s, which are excellent writers - one of my often used pens is a 51 Flighter. I also have a selection of modern Duofolds in mostly Centennial size, and a few oddballs - 61s, 45s, 85s, a couple of 100s, and several 180s, which I enjoy.

I think that the two most interesting brands for collection in terms of variety are Parker and Waterman, followed by Sheaffer, and then all the rest.

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

Robert Fripp

I have vast collection of Parker pens and can choose any pen I wish to write with.

Most days I write with a P61 Capillary in Vista Blue.

It is not just the best looking pen in the world but it writes like one other - I have tuned the nib.

I am surprised my last photograph only attracted one comment.

Was waiting for a particular member to add he owns and had seen all of these Harlequins.

Would to see the Parker 45 Tiffany he says he owns.

I am at a lost as to how hard it is to get members post any photography of the rare pens they have for us all to enjoy

( mitto excepted, of course - without a doubt the most helpful and outstanding member here )

post-133213-0-17832900-1487540274_thumb.jpg

post-133213-0-38956700-1487540291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Slimfish

A Great Many Thanks for your replies to my post.

for mitto

If you have a moment please can I have look at the photographs you mentioned.

There is nothing loaded into this post.

Many thanks

The pictures were there but these got deleted while I was managing my attachments. And now I can't find them in my picture folders. These were of French 75 pens with various design gold section rings and numbers on the lower ends of sections.

By the way, as far as I know, the pens with the numbered sections were intentended for export to Italian market.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Sir

' By the way, as far as I know, the pens with the numbered sections were intended for export to Italian market. '

You are going to have to forgive me for my comments.

I have read / been told the same as you about these very early P75 pens.

I know this pen was bought in Paris, France in 1969.