The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Where To Buy Visconti Nib Units?

visconti spare nib spare nib unit replacement nib

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trexton

Trexton

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:30

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy spare nib units for a Visconti Homo-Sapiens Bronze (so the large size dreamtouch dual-tone nibs)?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Content

#2 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:21

I'll try lacouronneducomte

#3 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:04

They do have them for between 230 and 290 if memory serves. I was looking for them some time ago but decided I may as well buy another Homo Sapiens at that price.

#4 Trexton

Trexton

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:11

They do have them for between 230 and 290 if memory serves. I was looking for them some time ago but decided I may as well buy another Homo Sapiens at that price.

Yeah I saw that, but it'd be cheaper to buy just the nib for $300 than $1000+ for a new pen, and then I can just sell the nib unit I have because there's nothing really wrong with it. 

#5 Trexton

Trexton

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:12

I'll try lacouronneducomte

Thanks I checked them out, I also emailed Bryant at Chatterly Luxuries to see what his price would be. Otherwise I'll go with Lacouronneducompte, thanks for your help :)

#6 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:07

Thanks I checked them out, I also emailed Bryant at Chatterly Luxuries to see what his price would be. Otherwise I'll go with Lacouronneducompte, thanks for your help :)

When I inquired with Bryant about this last year the price was in the same range.

#7 ICantEvenDecideAMajor

ICantEvenDecideAMajor

Always Confused

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:31

With LaCouronne there's also the 10% discount code from reviewers that it sponsors; choose from your favourite Youtuber! SBREBrown, GourmetPens, and PenHabit all have their own discount codes I think.  By the way, how do you plan on changing the nib? Does the Homo Sapiens nib unit screw out? I haven't dared trying it on mine. 

Ask everyone if they want a cup of tea. It's a mantra to Heaven.

#8 musicman123

musicman123

The Sciency, Music Guy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:14

With LaCouronne there's also the 10% discount code from reviewers that it sponsors; choose from your favourite Youtuber! SBREBrown, GourmetPens, and PenHabit all have their own discount codes I think.  By the way, how do you plan on changing the nib? Does the Homo Sapiens nib unit screw out? I haven't dared trying it on mine. 

If you are wondering, it screws out just fine. Some might be in a bit tighter than others though so be careful!

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

#9 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:12

it also just pulls straight out easily.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#10 musicman123

musicman123

The Sciency, Music Guy

• Member - Gold

• 2,158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:23

it also just pulls straight out easily.

The nib and feed out of the housing? I've actually been pretty scared to try that move myself. Though that could definitely be useful to do with crazy inks! 

#11 woleizihan

woleizihan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 17:33

Penbox seems to have them for cheaper. Their website says 179 ukp for F M B and 209 ukp for EF BB Stub, including vat. So if you are outside EU, it will translate to about $180. 

#12 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:44

The nib and feed out of the housing? I've actually been pretty scared to try that move myself. Though that could definitely be useful to do with crazy inks! 

I routinely pull the nib and feed from both my homo sapiens and my divina metro. I actually prefer to fill my divina metro that way to avoid sucking ink into the section between the metal sleeve and the celluloid.

I honestl;y had no idea the homo sapiens had a threaded unit. mine was in there tightly. I just unscrewed it and found a good bit of Organics Studio nitrogen! Gonna clean and grease that sucker.

I wish the divina metro had a threaded unit.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 17 September 2018 - 05:49.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#13 musicman123

musicman123

The Sciency, Music Guy

• Member - Gold

• 2,158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2018 - 22:23

I routinely pull the nib and feed from both my homo sapiens and my divina metro. I actually prefer to fill my divina metro that way to avoid sucking ink into the section between the metal sleeve and the celluloid.

I honestl;y had no idea the homo sapiens had a threaded unit. mine was in there tightly. I just unscrewed it and found a good bit of Organics Studio nitrogen! Gonna clean and grease that sucker.

I wish the divina metro had a threaded unit.

Wonderful! I just tried pulling out the nib and feed using two pieces of rubber gripping material and it came right out! Found some caked ink between the nib and the feed so I'm glad I cleaned that out! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, spare nib, spare nib unit, replacement nib

Sponsored Content

|