The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Pelikan Edelstein Ink Colors Do You Buy Most Frequently

edelstein ink edelstein ink pelikan

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: What Pelikan Edelstein ink colors do you buy most frequently? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

What Pelikan Edelstein ink colors do you buy most frequently?

1. Onyx Black (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. Tanzanite (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Sapphire (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. Topaz (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

5. Ruby (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Jade (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

7. Aventurine (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

8. Mandarin (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sfeccollector

Sfeccollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 14:07

Hey Guys, i wonder what are most popular colors of Pelikan Edelstein these days. 

Got the chance to try out the Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, love the colour, thought i would ask which colors of Edelstein do you buy more frequently. 

Thanks!

Edited by Sfeccollector, 08 February 2017 - 14:30.

Sincerely, 

Dennis 

Sponsored Content

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,298 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 16:29

Amber. That's not on the list, presumably because it was a LE. Still, that's the one I bought most often, just as a present to other Edelstein freaks.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 16:31

Aquamarine for me as well.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#4 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 18:09

Garnet. I finally had to buy cartridges after I couldn't find another bottle.

#5 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 18:47

Amethyst

And Tanzanite for everyday writing

#6 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:33

Topaz is one of favourite inks and Amethyst was up there until Lamy introduced Dark Violet.

#7 Sfeccollector

Sfeccollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:20

Thank you very much for you opinion Guys! I really appreciate that!

Sincerely, 

Dennis 

#8 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,706 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 17:11

Well, I only have a few colors.  And only one bottle of each.  Technically, I also have a tin of cartridges of Amethyst, but I don't have too many pens that take International Standard cartridges.  And the only reason I have Aquamarine is because it (like the tin of Amethyst cartridges) was swag from a Pelikan Hub.  The Aquamarine is better than I expected, but not a color I use much.  I did buy a bottle of Amethyst, and one of Tanzanite.  I need to check my stash (I'm not at home at the moment, but waiting for car repairs, which is apparently going to take several HOURS  :angry: and which should of which gotten caught -- and FIXED -- last week; and I'm not really buying the "Oh, the same idiot light came on for a DIFFERENT problem this time..." BS).  My notes list me having a bottle of Topaz, but I don't remember actually buying one :huh:  (just thinking I really *should*...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#9 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:15

These are LE so are not much on the buy again when one has a slew of inks. Amethyst in cartridges in I missed the bottle. Aquamirine in cartridges and in the bottle. Cartidges in I thought I might have missed the bottle.

Tanzanite I have it but never used it.

I like Topaz most. I will order a second bottle....if and when I finally use it. I have over 50 inks.

Aventurine feathers. :(

Jade is a bit blaaa.

No one liked Sapphire in they were waiting for the second coming of Parker Penmann. In I wasn't into blue at the time...I didn't buy any.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#10 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,785 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:03

I only use Mandarin... When I realized the bottle was half empty I rushed to get another one... Only to find they'd changed the formula  :crybaby: .

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#11 fxfb60

fxfb60

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 14:32

I had never been able to use green inks; may be I like the colour I buy it and I use it for a couple of weeks but I get tired quickly... until I tried Aquamarine. I love it. So I bought several bottles fearing it would be discontinued after 2016. Nevertheless, I've heard Pelikan will add this colour to the regular catalogue and will continue producing it; anybody knows anything about it?

#12 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,346 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 23:03

I know nothing of it sticking around, as a regular issue. Others have come and gone like Amethyst. :angry:  All I got from that is 3 six packs.

I like Topaz most.

:o Have I tried my bottle of Aquamarine??????   *****.................I shook my six pack tin, and it's empty enough to rattle, so I had used Aquamarine.

And I'm off to buy a bottle of Smoky Quartz..... :rolleyes:

I am over where I shouldn't be...here.....seeing inks I have, inks I don't.

....going to buy 3 Kaweco shading inks too, when I get to my B&W.

Sigh....could be a sheen ink from Diamine also....now that's a lot of ink to dither about.

**** I am striving to get down to 5-6 pens inked...to use more ink,  instead of 17....down to 11. :( Some 'new' old ink  (MB Diamond) got me from 10 to 11.

I had to start using that in I have 1 1/2 bottles of it and no desire to take the QE2 anywhere.

Some of the 'Buy Now' prices could have me here asking what is a substituent for certain  older LE inks.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#13 PS104

PS104

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 903 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:29

Whatever you like/love stock up

None of these inks brands/colors are going to be around forever

Think MB's Racing Green

They are all LEs. Some a little more limited than others

Only a few have been granted eternal life, eg, Waterman, Parker Quink

Edited by PS104, 09 March 2017 - 03:29.

#14 Edelstein

Edelstein

Indonesian Fountain Pen Community

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:43

1. Edestein Amethyst

2. Edelstein Garnet

3. Edelstein Aquamarine

those 3 is quite rare these days, but u can find those ink easy in singapore.

#15 martinbir

martinbir

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:24

Bought Aquamarine. Very similar to Diamine Eau de Nil but, to me, lacking the magic.

I also have Tanzanite and will definitely replace it when the bottle is finally empty.

#16 mhm802

mhm802

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 18:32

Tanzanite and Aventurine for me.  Though unlikely that I'll need need to replace either one.

#17 haruka337

haruka337

( •̀ω•́ )✧

• Member - Gold

• 1,611 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 20:27

There should be an option for "Limited Editions" since that's all I buy from Pelikan/Edelstein (in terms of inks).

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

#18 ridiculopathy

ridiculopathy

Modern

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 13:45

Topaz is the only ink in the regular lineup that speaks to me. I'd probably like Mandarin if I didn't already have Sailor Apricot and Fuyu-gaki already. Otherwise, I would have chosen Garnet and Amethyst, which (to my sadness) are LE.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edelstein, ink, edelstein ink, pelikan

Sponsored Content

|