What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

An M625 Blue & M650 green stripe. I'm left with only one more M600 pen as to complete this M6xx (old & new style) series collection (except M640s).

Someday my collection wants to grow up and be like yours.

Daeng, you are an inspiration :notworthy1:

But I'm not sure that is the word my wife would use ... ;)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someday my collection wants to grow up and be like yours.

Daeng, you are an inspiration :notworthy1:

But I'm not sure that is the word my wife would use ... ;)

Thanks Bill. You can amass your collection but quietly. 😂

Posman came this morning & happily I have completed the jigsaw.

An M600 old style black.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_5374_zpswilb2nzy.jpg

Congratulations, Daenghafez.

But you must post a photo of the whole family together, so we can drool over it :).

I'm curious: you don't like the M640s or are they the next step?

Congratulations, Daenghafez.

But you must post a photo of the whole family together, so we can drool over it :).

I'm curious: you don't like the M640s or are they the next step?

Hi, sure and I've just posted them.

I'm not keen into M640s although i have two of them now and had traded one before. The M640 design does not atttact me but who know's over the time..

Finally got around to taking a pic of my M300 which I've had since January.

fpn_1495981607__m300_crop.jpg

And here's the new M320 Ruby, back from Chartpak with the new EF nib. Still trying to decide what ink to order for it so it may be awhile before I actually get to use it. Only thing I have on hand that I might use is KWZ Maroon but I'm already using that in an M150 and don't see any reason to switch it.

fpn_1495982622__m320_crop.jpg

The black M300 should be here this week (I'm going to try Petrol in it once I get the nib swapped) and I have a couple other irons in the fire that may bear fruit, as well.

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

MB Shakespeare Velvet Red perhaps? Although with an EF nib it might not shade as well as it does in bigger nibs...

Thanks for the suggestion, that is one I've looked at. If the 300's EF is anything to go by it's closer to a steel M150/2xx F.

My first thought was de Atramentis Bordeaux, then vis' review of Kobe #4 Ijinkan caught my eye but some posters said the color they got was more of a brick red then what vis showed so that kind of nixed that. I've thought of a trying a different type of red entirely, like Bungbox Matador and other brighter red reds like Corn Poppy, or just going with something not red at all; in addition to Bordeaux, de Atramentis' Black Roses and Plum have also piqued my interest, Black Blue, too, except I just got Petrol and I have Kana-cho so it's hard to justify adding another one in that range.

Just received my M800 in Burnt Orange from Iguana Sell. Great service from them--I ordered on Tuesday and the pen was in my hands on Friday. Madrid, Spain to Tennessee in 3 days!

Yay, finally!!! A post-97 M200 blue marble. Hopefully be here next Monday.

Just received my M800 in Burnt Orange from Iguana Sell. Great service from them--I ordered on Tuesday and the pen was in my hands on Friday. Madrid, Spain to Tennessee in 3 days!

Yeah, they quickly became my favorite vendor. They are simply unmatched in service in Europe and I've bought something from nearly every bigger vendor in Europe at one point or another. Spain to Slovenia, 1 day. Order at noon one day, get the pen in my hands at noon the next day. Not to mention you can send the pen back for full refund (including shipping!) if anything is wrong with it and employees are in general very kind folks.

I have a M805 Stresseman on the way from Iguana as we speak. My first M80x. Can't wait.

Edited by invisuu

I hope you'll post a photo of the Stresseman when you get it! Now I'm waiting for an M800 Renaissance Brown to arrive from Iguana!

My first Pel. Could be the one and only!

The barrel is now grayish-green, but it must've been green originally. Says BB in green.

fpn_1495546441__file_001.jpeg

Not a purchase, but I found my M605 Blue Stripe that had been missing for over 5 years. It had ink in it which is now dried. I read recently that the nib unit can be removed. Could someone tell me how & what are the chances of damaging the pen if I try to do it?

Skysora, Pelikan 100N actually came in a wide gamut of binde colors from vibrant to muted greens and true, almost black and white greys. The grey ones are more rare with greens being the prevalent binde color.

Edited by mana

Not a purchase, but I found my M605 Blue Stripe that had been missing for over 5 years. It had ink in it which is now dried. I read recently that the nib unit can be removed. Could someone tell me how & what are the chances of damaging the pen if I try to do it?

First, before I tried anything, I would let it soak for a day or so in plain water to try to loosen up the dry ink in the nib and feed. Cap off, standing in plain water, only needs to be section deep. Wouldn't try to work the piston at this point. In a day or so I'd pull it out, wrap the nib in a soft towel, and gently try to unscrew the nib. If it started easily I would continue. If it didn't I would try soaking another day or so.

That's where I would start. I've never had one worse than that. But you've probably already tried all that? After that, hmmm... perhaps someone else in here has "the rest of the story".

Pelikan approved the nib exchange for the black M300 (it arrived Tuesday) so back to Germany it goes. Yay.

Skysora, Pelikan 100N actually came in a wide gamut of binde colors from vibrant to muted greens and true, almost black and white greys. The grey ones are more rare with greens being the prevalent binde color.

fpn_1496331506__file_000.jpeg

My most recent is an M800 Blue'o'Blue with a wonderfully smooth B nib...

fpn_1496338600__m800_blue-o-blue_b.jpg

Edited by BillH

First, before I tried anything, I would let it soak for a day or so in plain water to try to loosen up the dry ink in the nib and feed. Cap off, standing in plain water, only needs to be section deep. Wouldn't try to work the piston at this point. In a day or so I'd pull it out, wrap the nib in a soft towel, and gently try to unscrew the nib. If it started easily I would continue. If it didn't I would try soaking another day or so.

That's where I would start. I've never had one worse than that. But you've probably already tried all that? After that, hmmm... perhaps someone else in here has "the rest of the story".

Thank you. I will try that. The piston has been working. I didn't know the pen would come apart so never tried. With the M800 Red striped that I let the ink dry up inside it, I soaked the whole pen in the sink & the striped part slipped. One night I got mad that it was 'deformed' so I put it in the sink in really hot water & was then able to slip in back in place. I'm trying to be more careful this time. I don't let ink dry in pens any more. Live & learn.