What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

Wow! I do not usually (99,99% of the time) care for gold pens but that one... just wow! <3 You can see the extremely high quality work but I also love how they executed the transition from the barrel to the filling knob. It has the same kind of engineered precision tool like quality to it that I loved about the rOtring 600 series. And then some... :D

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...something completely different, but obviously a true Pelikan:

24138655728_1d93e3cc5c_h.jpg

c.

oh, that's wonderful! Thanks for sharing that one.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

@mana: It sounds as though you need a new barrel, full stop. There <is> someone here in USA making and selling them, I do know. Use google? ;^)

@mana: It sounds as though you need a new barrel, full stop. There <is> someone here in USA making and selling them, I do know. Use google? ;^)

:P I actually swapped the nib and the cap to my EDC pens to spruce things up a bit (cap to my green 100N and the M-nib to the black 100N to replace the EEF it had before). Just shows one of the things I love about the 100N, it is soooooo easy to swap parts like nibs on the fly. And now they look and feel like entirely new pens! ;)

I already have a bunch of collector & a few user grade 100N (the ones that I actually carry around daily) so although it would be kind of nice to have an entirely "new" barrel to complete a fully working pen this satisfies my needs for now. As in, if I get a NOS/minty barrel (and I do prefer the originals as they are still around) it would not be for the EDC but rather, for the collection. :)

@ chromatic -- Love the grey and pink marbled one. What is that?

@ BillH -- Interesting.... But what the heck *is* it?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@ chromatic -- Love the grey and pink marbled one. What is that?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

It's a special model made for Deutsches Telekom in 1994. They're listed with the M200s on pelikan's perch. There was a recent thread about them which spurred me to check on ebay where I came across one.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/329969-whats-a-fair-price-for-a-pelikan-200-telekom/

The actual Telekom ones have their logo on the cap band but Pelikan also had excess stock they sold off that have "Pelikan" on the band, that's the one I have.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Decal from a toledo box? So you acquired a toledo? What’s the range & colour like? Congrats!

Thank you daeng! It is an M900 Black, M nib. My sweet wife bought me the Ocean Swirl for Christmas which left me room to buy myself this on a Black Friday sale. One of three "grail pens" is now in the box B)

LOVE your K800 Tortoise! Congrats to you too sir!

fpn_1512653209__m900_toledo.jpg

Recently bought am M805 in blue. I am really warming to it, it’s my first Pelikan.

Congratulations! We're pretty sure it won't be your last one ;)

Grats on the Toledo, BillH! I must say, it's very​ handsome in the black.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Not a new pen, but Mike Masuyama did his magic on my M800 blue, formerly with a F nib, now with a stub nib. He did the work at the Colorado Pen Show and turned this rather pedestrian writing pen into a fun pen. Now filled with Akkerman #8 Deep Water Blue and in the rotation again!

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.