What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting on a Post War BB IBIS (First Vintage Pelikan).

My first vintage Pelikan was a revelation. I love that pen, and several more vintage Pelikans since. My new Pels are great, but nothing compares to the vintage nibs.

I have a couple of M800/M900 which are excellent so thought I should try something older. Recently arrived is a 1950s 100N which seems to be in sound shape pending filling. It is an attractive little light pen.

X

M200 Brown-Marble arrived today. Absolutely stunning. The publicity pictures don't do it justice (I tried to take some pics and they are no better) The cap and blind cap are VERY, VERY dark brown.

Peter

A black 120 Merz Krell, a modern style M400, a black M205 arrived today, the same day, from different vendors and finally bought that 151 slot pen case from La Couronne du Comte, not affiliated with them, just a happy customer with all of my transactions with them, but their %20 off Black Friday deal is super :D

Waiting on a plain-jane 140 with a F nib from Rick Propas.

I'm sure it will be special, but not exotic (as per some of the most recent above...).

Love the 140 I got from Rick.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Probably the last Pelikan of 2017, a green Pelikan 100 with ebonite cap. The other (which I have from some time) is a pen I had from Tom Westerich, and it is a mix of an old 100 barrel, piston and nib, with modern cap and binde.

post-4455-0-26441900-1511980315_thumb.jpg

Alfredo

Edited by alfredop

The Brown Marbled 200..............and if a section looks a tad dark. just turn the pen over or look in different light or angle and the dark section will go away.

Normally I don't chase EF nibs, but decided I'd need to use the pen more than I do my Amathyst, which is in M a good shading width. The Seller Fritz Schrimph, checked 8 EF nibs for the narrowest.

Included was a small sample of L'Adison Brun Ours......a grayed brown...close to cuttle fish sepia, seems dry enough to bring out the best in the nib.

On regular 80g printing paper there was of course no shading ..... seldom is. On a sheet of M&K 95g typewriting paper, there was a tad of shading. Outside the three different M&K papers, Brunner makes No Paper worth wasting your ink on. :crybaby: :wallbash:Even the 120g and fancy cut edge paper were only good enough for a printer.

Picture is from Fritz Schimph's shop...I've not asked but think if I bought the pen from him, I can use the picture.....I'll have to ask tomorrow.

DSPqv6F.jpg

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

M100 Stormtrooper EF, includes actual stormtrooper.

fpn_1512039282__stormtrooper_set_crop.jp

And this one.

fpn_1512039964__telekom_crop1.jpg

* pics from seller listings

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

The latest white/clear striped M600. I usually prefer the M800/M1000 size but HAD to have this beauty.

Waiting for the Ocean Swirl M800, supposedly out this month... and it's the 30th here already!

Glenn.

I have 4 paid for, since September. Two inbound, one due Friday. The M605 and the M805 preorders (the ones paid for in September) are "will be in stock any day now"...

preorders...

BAH! Won't do that again. :angry:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

My latest one was supposed to be a post WWII grey binde 100N the alternative style (fluted clip and trim ring) cap.

Well, I received the pen today and after disassembly and cleaning found that the barrel was severely matted and rough inside (dried ink, most likely IG content) and the barrel had some hairline cracks. Dang.

Might not be worth the effort to restore it, as in, the barrel is so rough inside that it grabs and dislodges the piston seal replacement I installed when I unscrew the piston fully and screw it back again. Currently soaking the barrel to see if I could remove the binde (really nice one that...) but I think that it is chemically bonded in place. Soaking the barrel to remove the binde is something that works with pre WWII 100N.

Anyhoo... so I got myself:
- a nice fluted cap which polished ok, there is still some minor wear, microscratches and some plating loss in the trims, they are about 95% intact or so,
- a smooth 14k semi-flex M-nib + feed assembly and
- a working piston mechanism.

So I guess I did ok just south of 50€ (with S&H included). Now I just need to wait for another post WWII 100N to fly home if I can't source an intact barrel from somewhere... :)

My '90-96 Tortoise is a dark brown.........I read that in Rudiger's com, and needed my wife's eye to say, yep brown. It passed for black in my eyes.

My marbled brown 200's very, very dark brown makes my old 400 look noticeable dark brown. It takes even a sharper eye to dredge any brown out of the cap, as Matlock noticed. One needs to swing it though a close lamp light to see hint of a very dark brown....using an old black capped green stripped 400 as control cap.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Delivered yesterday: an M620 City Series Piazza Navona with a fine nib. The subtle and elegant color of this pen remind me of the coat of my Siamese cat.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I just closed a deal for a Pelikan 400 from the 1950s, classically green striated, with a flexible B-nib.

To me, this is THE Pelikan par excellence.

I already have a very similar looking one from the 1980s, accompanying me for a large part of my life, but I just wanted to add a vintage one to the flock - it just seemed to be lacking. Most of my vintage ones are tortoise-striped and not having a green one to go with them... Well, the flock just wouldn´t have it.

A Pelikan 100 with solid gold overlay, made by Georg Lauer, Pforzheim.

38028747064_fad31c4aa4_h.jpg

Solid gold? Really?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang