What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

Finally getting around to posting pics of my most recent acquisitions.

Here's the last pen I bought, the M250 Levenger:

fpn_1504447051__crop_1.jpg

fpn_1504447552__crop_2.jpg

Here you can see the small flaw in the binde I had mentioned previously.

fpn_1504447578__crop_3.jpg

Here's the black M300 I got from Renata at martini.de (along with a glimpse of the rather useless pouch):

fpn_1504447727__crop_4.jpg

Here is a comparison with an M150:

fpn_1504448001__crop_5.jpg

Last but not least, here are the M200 red demo and the M200 blue marble.

fpn_1504448819__crop_6.jpg

I paid too much for the demo (not that I'm complaining because it is indeed quite lovely, the photo really doesn't do it justice) but the blue marble was pretty reasonable so it all balances out. Still, after the Levenger, I've decided to take a hiatus from buying any new pens for a bit. The only one I feel I still need (as opposed to merely want) is an M200 grey marble to complete the set.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somehow posted twice, sorry. Deleted duplicate.

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

@rchiodo: Why -- oh, why? -- did you have to post that photo of the glorious pen, above? You rotter! I am more-than 100% certain that you have thus made every person here jealous! You surely have me!

Beautiful!! :)

Thank you Christopher.

Now that is a thing of beauty. The artistry that went into that baffles me. The Toledo is Pelikan's best pen ever in my opinion, at least aesthetically. Congrats!

Thank you.

What's that old saying... if wishes were fishes we'd need a bigger net? Something like that.

fpn_1504808761__pelikan_m800_expo_nature

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

My newest addition to the flock is the Expo 2000 Nature. My Humankind was feeling lonely so I had to give it some company!

fpn_1503699649__img_3910.jpg

fpn_1503699666__img_3913.jpg

fpn_1503699688__img_3914.jpg

And here is my whole flock!

fpn_1503699698__img_3919.jpg

Those are beautiful. Nicely done.

My flock hasn't increased much this year. But here is the latest addition to the "house" collection, together with some pen stands that I got a little while ago but never posted (sorry for the poor phone pics)

fpn_1504844299__toledo1.jpg

fpn_1504844354__toledo2.jpg

"technically" the M710 (inked with Edelstein Garnet) belongs to the wife, but who cares about technical details, right? ;) :P

Edited by Lam1

Nice desk set! :P What size pen fits those holders?

Your wife's Toledo is very nice too, nice catch.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

fpn_1504844354__toledo2.jpg

"technically" the M710 (inked with Edelstein Garnet) belongs to the wife, but who cares about technical details, right? ;) :P

I have the same M710 Toledo with Sailor Irori ink. Edelstein Garnet is a great color for it, too. :)

Nice desk set! :P What size pen fits those holders?

Your wife's Toledo is very nice too, nice catch.

Thank you, BillH!

One of the holders is for M400s and the other is for M600s. I hear they made holders for M800s too, but I've never seen one.

I have the same M710 Toledo with Sailor Irori ink. Edelstein Garnet is a great color for it, too. :)

I have the Irori and its great. But I completely forgot about it when my wife was deciding which ink to use (too many inks :) ).

I have not purchased any pens exactly, but I did get a few nib units :)

After hearing a lot about oblique nibs I thought I'd give them a try. I've used both of the OBB nib, and currently the 18kt monotone is on my Cafe Creme (inked with Faber Castell Stone Grey).

post-80699-0-30488300-1504963671_thumb.jpg

I have not purchased any pens exactly, but I did get a few nib units :)

After hearing a lot about oblique nibs I thought I'd give them a try. I've used both of the OBB nib, and currently the 18kt monotone is on my Cafe Creme (inked with Faber Castell Stone Grey).

Share images of your writing samples, please! I'd love to see how they perform!

Share images of your writing samples, please! I'd love to see how they perform!

I tried to just dip the nibs, but that didn't work very well. So then put them into pens and filled them, still didn't work very well (for OM and OB). So please keep that in mind. The two OBB nibs I've worked on to adjust them to my preferences (and just make sure they work in general, since I've already used both of them). But I thought I'd get this out at the now and maybe follow up later when I use them. The first set of figure 8s for the 18kt is with no pressure, just to see the line variation from the shape of the nib. The second portion starts as every other on the down/diagonal stroke, but then moves to me just doing the down stroke.

I anticipate the OM and OB performing better when I've had the chance to work on them a bit.

post-80699-0-23800100-1504967346_thumb.jpg

I learn something new every day. Today's new fact is that the small pen stands came in different sizes for different size model pens. I have two: a gold metallic one that I picked up a few years ago at a pen show, and a slightly larger white one that was my Christmas treat to myself last winter when I was in Fountain Pen Hospital in NYC. I just thought that the white stand was a slightly newer one, and therefore slightly larger.

I'd love to get one of the blue glazed ones, but I'm not willing to pay the prices that are being asked for them these days (I mean, I'm not paying more than I paid for the the other two -- combined... :( and I've paid less than that for decent pens).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

What's that old saying... if wishes were fishes we'd need a bigger net? Something like that.

Congrats on the pen Bill! What did you ink it up with? I put Robert Oster Fire and Ice in mine and it looks gorgeous with the nature!!

Those are beautiful. Nicely done.

Thank you I do love my flock! Room for 1 more Pelikan in my box, time to think about what to get!

I don't understand the discussion of oblique nibs. It sounds as though line variation may be expected from the obliqueness of the nib. Line variation comes from nibs that are stubbed, italicized, or flexible, not from being oblique. Oblique merely rolls the nib to one side. The three nib types that give line variation will produce the wider line descending. With an oblique, the wider line will be on a diagonal to the side the nib is canted. if a nib is round, the line will be uniform. If a round nib is oblique, it will still give a uniform line. It will do it, however, with the nib canted.