What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

Thank you for your advice, though not intended for me I appreciate your sharing. I also see it as better to start with the biggest price tag first so that the subsequent ones won't take so long.

Perhaps a bit preachy and for that I apologize. But I am not the sharpest tool in the shed so it took me years to figure out why I could always afford those nice looking M400's and M600's but I could never close the deal on the 'A list' pens.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps a bit preachy and for that I apologize. But I am not the sharpest tool in the shed so it took me years to figure out why I could always afford those nice looking M400's and M600's but I could never close the deal on the 'A list' pens.

No need to apologize 😄👍

Here is a recent addition to the flock, a 400N Tortoise.

fpn_1502923306__pelikan_400n_tortoise.jp

And the three together, 400, 400N, and 400NN... now I can relax :P

fpn_1502923240__pelikan_400_400n_400nn_t

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Here is a recent addition to the flock, a 400N Tortoise.

fpn_1502923306__pelikan_400n_tortoise.jp

And the three together, 400, 400N, and 400NN... now I can relax :P

fpn_1502923240__pelikan_400_400n_400nn_t

Handsome looking trio set you got there Bill.. Not easy to find one 400N though. Look at the different colour striation between one and another.. Gorgeous..

And how about adding one 400NN M&K and park them side by side with the trio?

Handsome looking trio set you got there Bill.. Not easy to find one 400N though. Look at the different colour striation between one and another.. Gorgeous..

And how about adding one 400NN M&K and park them side by side with the trio?

Thank you daeng. A 400NN M&K would be a great addition for sure. Haven't found one yet though. It's in my big book of lists... someday.

Thank you daeng. A 400NN M&K would be a great addition for sure. Haven't found one yet though. It's in my big book of lists... someday.

Great pens and excellent photography. Are you adding a new version 400 tortoise?

Great pens and excellent photography. Are you adding a new version 400 tortoise?

Thanks you DrCodfish :)

The 2016 SE version? That is the pen I'm using for the one pen/one month challenge...

Perhaps today I will find time to round up all the tortoises and try to get a group shot... I keep telling a friend I'm going to do that but so far have not found the time to complete it. (that might be my distraction to keep me off the bay today :rolleyes: )

Have a 140 on it's way from Rick Propas. My first 140 an 14k nib from Pelikan. Last check of the tracking said it was due to arrive tomorrow. (8/24)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

My newest addition to the flock is the Expo 2000 Nature. My Humankind was feeling lonely so I had to give it some company!

fpn_1503699649__img_3910.jpg

fpn_1503699666__img_3913.jpg

fpn_1503699688__img_3914.jpg

And here is my whole flock!

fpn_1503699698__img_3919.jpg

Bravo! Very nice collection, thanks for sharing... I'm starting to really covet that Nature pen :wub:

Have a 140 on it's way from Rick Propas. My first 140 an 14k nib from Pelikan. Last check of the tracking said it was due to arrive tomorrow. (8/24)

Arrived. Haven't had a chance to take photos yet.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Wow, with an addition like that, I would think you might hold off awhile on 'additional' additions. That is a very special pen.

Thank you guys. It is an extraordinary pen and is my "grail" pen.

Thank you guys. It is an extraordinary pen and is my "grail" pen.

That is a grail pen, which gives full force to the meaning of the concept. I'm sure we are all very happy for you, and a bit envious. Enjoy.

That is a grail pen, which gives full force to the meaning of the concept. I'm sure we are all very happy for you, and a bit envious. Enjoy.

Thank you.

Just received an M600 medium nib. It is perfect, except I want an italic. It will replace my EF nib, which writes beautifully, but is too fine to reflect much character. I want line variation. Tomorrow it goes to Pendleton Brown. Looking forward to it.

@rchiodo: Why -- oh, why? -- did you have to post that photo of the glorious pen, above? You rotter! I am more-than 100% certain that you have thus made every person here jealous! You surely have me!

Beautiful!! :)

Toledo.jpg Toledo close up.jpeg

Have a few new additions but just have not had the time to post. Here is a 1937 111NT Toledo

Now that is a thing of beauty. The artistry that went into that baffles me. The Toledo is Pelikan's best pen ever in my opinion, at least aesthetically. Congrats!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan