What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

Haven't posted here in awhile... there's this new one, an M620 Stockholm, with the finest F nib in the flock, still very smooth.

attachicon.gifPelikan M620 Stockholm F.jpg

The nibs that came on the M620s did seem to be unusually good.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you jmccarty3! Hand written letter on the way in a couple.

M605 Green Stresemann, M nib.

Peace and Understanding

I have not posted for a while so here is my latest acquisitions. My new desk display :D

post-120079-0-80360300-1498700383_thumb.jpg

Edited by ian1964

The M800 Renaissance Brown. Will be a perfect contrast pair for the M805 Vibrant Blue.

Pelikan 300, 350, 355... spent a year looking and working on this one.

post-131534-0-18278900-1498757839_thumb.jpg

Almost think we should have a thread for pictures of Pelikan sets... hmmm.

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Beautiful set, Bill! Did you find the set intact or did you assemble these one by one? A thread on Pelikan sets would indeed be welcome.

Thank you. The pencil was a single, and it was the last to arrive.

Edited by BillH

I am not into sets but this is nice, especially in the 300 range, I think these are just about the perfect pen for me.

That's absolutely lovely! The 300 is a bit of a grail pen for me (in black striped form). I have two "hommage" 300 pens, one is simply a black striped 400nn with a 140 cap (put together by a previous owner), the other is a "proper" green striped 300 made with 400 and 140 parts (put together by yours truly), but not a genuine factory made model.

Yes, the black striped one would be a real find. I don't think I've seen one for sale before, at least in my relatively noobie existence. And this 300 is factory :P (may take a macro of the band later, when I start taking "set" pictures).

Still looking for grey striped 400N and NN too. Oh well, it's the journey right?

attachicon.gifPelikan 300 350 355.jpg

Congratulations Bill. Great catch for a 300 set. Your 300 Green wiil be a grail for me as a companion to my 300 Black.

Yay! Finally figured out how to upload photos again 😄 (Only have an iPhone).

My M101N Toirtoiseshell Red from nibs.com (EF because I already have the gold colored nibs in F and BB of the M101N) and M120 from Regina Martini (with a medium nib which is very surprisingly finer than the F and possibly EF nibs of the M101N). A little bit disappointed that the 101 didn't come with the vintage boxes I've seen pictured in almost every advertisement, but maybe the Bright Red will have it when I get around to that one. I like this red tortoise more than I thought I would, still doesn't beat the brown tortoise 101 though. (All references to 101 are of the M101N, not the original(s) ). Slowly building the flock (order of operations: café creme, 101 lizard, IB nib unit, Bright Red, brown and white m400 tortoise pens), the hunt continues 😉

post-80699-0-50862400-1499046148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lelouch

A reasonably priced Black & GT M800 with M nib from Israel... supposedly has a scratch, but darned if I can find anything other than normal usage marks. I'm not complaining, it probably discouraged competing bids.

The only flaw, a misaligned tine that caused a scratchy F line, was easily fixed, and now it is as smooth as its coloured siblings with decent line variation... just lovely to use.

Not sure of the age, but the cap has the black tassie with printed gold, single chick logo, and the bi-colour nib has two stylised chicks (<<).

Glenn.

After M400 Brown Tortoise and M400 White Tortoise, I have also recently picked up M800 Stresseman and M800 Brown Tortoise, the latter being nearly as expensive as first three combined. With these four I think I will not be acquiring any additional Pelikans this year anymore. Probably. Maybe.

http://i.imgur.com/WB3atON.jpg

Wow, I lasted a whole of 20 days on my promise. Unbelievable. My wallet hates this place.

On the bright side, I love it and a Pelikan M1000 in green stripes is on its' way to me.

x

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

x

Nice pen!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Nice pen!

Thank you. Classic Fountain Pens has them on sale, $495, so I finally picked one up. :lticaptd:

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Thank you. Classic Fountain Pens has them on sale, $495, so I finally picked one up. :lticaptd:

Aren't you worried that BSB will stain your pen?