What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock In 2017?

daenghafez

I thought of starting a new topic for 2017 since we are already in February 2017. I have just acquired its cap & nib after procuring the pen barrel. This pen was discussed earlier here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/316491-mystery-model-pelikan/

Personally I would prefer a black captop & single tone yellow gold nib, may be an M415 nib to complement with this pen. Perhaps one day..

Pen has not been inked yet & I will remain as is together with the other two M600 siblings.

Here goes the complete pen..

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_2723_zpshjkplvkl.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_2725_zpswsjdqvdo.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_2726_zpshdbhfy4k.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_2728_zpsxh3iwfpi.jpg

Enjoy..

Best regards

Daeng

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• daenghafez

• chromantic

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That came out splendidly! What a unique addition to a collection :puddle: Thanks for remembering to post the completed pen pics.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Here is my newest addition, an old-style black M710 from the early 1990s. Just a beautiful pen...

fpn_1487038324__toledo.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Great catch Joshua! I'm missing this pen in my Toledo collection (old style). Does the come with the engraved west germany at the turning knob?

Great catch Joshua! I'm missing this pen in my Toledo collection (old style). Does the come with the engraved west germany at the turning knob?

Thanks! It does. "Pelikan W.-Germany" on the end of the piston knob. I looked for this one for a while.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Some great pens above.

I finally added the M805 Vibrant Blue (with a great Broad nib) to the flock. A surprise Valentines's day gift from my wife.

A crappy phone shot at work:

post-120237-0-67261700-1487089835_thumb.jpeg

It is inked with Edelstein Topaz and, like all my birds, it writes fantastically. I think this is one of the most (if not the most) beautiful M80x's :wub: .

Now Pelikan could give us a red one like this :D !

Some great pens above.

I finally added the M805 Vibrant Blue (with a great Broad nib) to the flock. A surprise Valentines's day gift from my wife.

attachicon.gifVibrantBlue_Small.jpeg

It is inked with Edelstein Topaz and, like all my birds, it writes fantastically. I think this is one of the most (if not the most) beautiful M80x's :wub: .

Congrats on the new M805 Blue. Am looking forward for a M800 Light Tortoise or MOP

Congrats on the new M805 Blue. Am looking forward for a M800 Light Tortoise or MOP

Wow! Those would have me reaching for the credit card faster than the speed of light :lol: !

How about a M850 Green Tortoise too?

By the way, amazing collection of M600s. The new one above is simply stunning! Congrats too!

Some great pens above.

attachicon.gifVibrantBlue_Small.jpeg

A beauty, I've got one in the mail, can't wait.

Wow! Those would have me reaching for the credit card faster than the speed of light :lol: !

How about a M850 Green Tortoise too?

By the way, amazing collection of M600s. The new one above is simply stunning! Congrats too!

Thanks. Actually I have been drooling also for a M850 tortoise but since Pelikan did not issue one, I commissioned it by myself as a M850 tortoise frankenpen. 😝 The photos can be found here..https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/246395-pelikan-m850/?hl=%2Bpelikan+%2Bm850+%2Btortoise&do=findComment&comment=2695218

An odd bird, a Pelikan 100 (green binde) with a 14k "Wyvern" nib. Should be in ok'ish shape, ink window is nice clean yellow/amber (with some dried ink residue in spots), cap is oxidized light brown with some brassing to the trims, turning knob (with knurling) might have a ding on the edge and there were some scratches (hard to tell from the pics)... all in all it will need a proper cleanup/restoration plus a new cork seal. I am positive it will soar to new heights once properly restored. :)

Pics from the auction:

http://kuvat.huuto.net/8/9d/fbeb91ee5348ec2c6956f3cf57bf1-orig.jpg

http://kuvat.huuto.net/9/06/fe03e70a8f7830e34321bce22317d-orig.jpg

http://kuvat.huuto.net/b/f7/b358e545221a3a9d44b2c5f7eb83b-orig.jpg

Edited by mana

Daenghafez, that is torture!

A tortoise with vermeil cap is just gorgeous, frankenpen or not! :puddle: Now I need to get myself a M850!!

Mana, congrats on the new bird! Please, let us see some pics of it after restoration.

Hi, here is a pic of the said 100 disassembled... a bit on the fence about restoring this one. Cap threads on the barrel show crystallization/micro cracks which to my amazement have not spread to the ink window/rest of the barrel (which is in really nice condition). Could those be stabilized? I certainly hope so.

Otherwise the pen and the parts are in really nice shape given its age. Yes, it could use some polish and restoring the BHR parts to their former black glory. And a new cork for the piston seal. Other than that, minimal issues. Some minor brassing on the clip tip and trim rings, some scratches on the piston turning knob, few minor scratches (few mm long) on the sleeve which has shrunk a bit (might be on it's way out in maybe a few decades, or maybe not). Feed is ok despite the cracked tail end...

I paid a silly somewhat sumgai'ish price for this but restoring it completely (new cork and all) would likely cost me a triple digit figure. Hmmmm...

16826231_10155251869889063_1899700327165

The ink section looks crystal clear and brand new after cleaning. I am sure this pen can be restored to its former glory. Pls update us after the restoration. Btw, congrats on the finding of this pen.

Hi, here is a pic of the said 100 disassembled... a bit on the fence about restoring this one. Cap threads on the barrel show crystallization/micro cracks which to my amazement have not spread to the ink window/rest of the barrel (which is in really nice condition). Could those be stabilized? I certainly hope so.

Otherwise the pen and the parts are in really nice shape given its age. Yes, it could use some polish and restoring the BHR parts to their former black glory. And a new cork for the piston seal. Other than that, minimal issues. Some minor brassing on the clip tip and trim rings, some scratches on the piston turning knob, few minor scratches (few mm long) on the sleeve which has shrunk a bit (might be on it's way out in maybe a few decades, or maybe not). Feed is ok despite the cracked tail end...

I paid a silly somewhat sumgai'ish price for this but restoring it completely (new cork and all) would likely cost me a triple digit figure. Hmmmm...

What about the assembly of a frankenpen with accordingly dated parts?

Could be as valuable as the actual pen restored...

I think I recall you have a number of similar pens. If it was mine, I would just get it in tip top writing shape and leave it 'as is', what is the sense of restoring the originality out of t? Why 'fix it' to the point that is is indistinguishable from all the other pens? But then for me, evidence of age and wear are more about wabi-sabi than 'damage' and this is not so for many people.

I think I recall you have a number of similar pens. If it was mine, I would just get it in tip top writing shape and leave it 'as is', what is the sense of restoring the originality out of t? Why 'fix it' to the point that is is indistinguishable from all the other pens? But then for me, evidence of age and wear are more about wabi-sabi than 'damage' and this is not so for many people.

I have a bunch of post WWII 100N/101N but this is my first 100. But yeah, I think I might do just that.

The piston/cork had been soaking since I got the pen, I cleaned it some more, put a light coat of silicon grease on it (and elsewhere too on the piston housing threads etc.) and assembled the pen. End result? Very smooth operation, no leaks after a day of sitting on my desk vertically with a belly full of ink. So yeah, it seems to have regained more or less fully operational status (even though I do have my doubts about the cork).

The B-sized Wyvern nib is nice but not as responsive/flexy as similar Pelikan ones (for example most of the nibs on my 100N and 140 run circles around it when it comes to comfort, expressiveness and fun) but the pen is sure nice to look at as is, very nice patina/wabi-sabi going on (which I can appreciate).

Will do some writing with it during the weekend, clean it and retire it for the collection (for the time being). I might send it for re-corking and stabilizing the cap threads on the barrel later but other than that, it will remain as is. I prefer the 100N & 140 for writing anyhow so all is well.