The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Books That Include Snail Mail

snail mail letters books

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 abstract49

abstract49

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 00:35

Skimming through this discussion reminded me of a book published by a dear old friend, which book I have been aware of for several years, but have not yet acquired.

First, I say "published by," because I am not yet certain of the extent of her editorial contribution to the whole project.

Second, I say "a dear old friend" advisedly, because she is very dear to me, and she is of somewhat advanced years -  89 come this November.

I am not saying more here, because the nature of the book might merit a separate thread. It is based on a WWII soldier's journal, and I don't know whether it contains many, or any, actual letters from/to him, although the jacket suggests it might. When I have it in hand and have at least skimmed the content, I will decide whether to add it here or start a different discussion.

Sponsored Content

#42 LetterRevivalist

LetterRevivalist

LetterRevivalist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 19:25

Nicolas Barreau's One Evening in Paris is about a young woman who owns a card / stationery store in Paris' St. Germain neighborhood. 

She writes a letter to her beau and leaves it for him at his business. 

In another chapter, a Cafe de Flore patron is making notes in a Moleskine. 

Bon journée!

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr). 

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 

#43 Maya288

Maya288

Meega, Nala Kweesta!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2017 - 00:58

Such great books and films! Makes me feel so out of touch for not knowing some of these. This week I revisited The Lake House. I so loved the inclusion of the letterbox in it. The letters where through the entire film.

http://4.bp.blogspot...ouse-Still6.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snail mail, letters, books

Sponsored Content

|