• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Astronymus

• pajaro

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to pictures already released Petrol seems to be a rich dark teal.

I hope Lamy plans to continue the great tradition of releasing classy dark colors in matte finishes with matching inks.

In time, I hope that Lilac and Teal pens are made part of the regular line up just like Umbra.

Producing Lilac and Teal ink on a regular basis would also be great. Both colors can be signature inks for correspondence and other communications.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

According to pictures already released Petrol seems to be a rich dark teal.

Why is it called "Petrol" then? Or does this word petrol not translate as gasoline? The gasoline I've seen in glass bottles has always been a sort of transparent orange-ish color :huh: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Why is it called "Petrol" then? Or does this word petrol not translate as gasoline? The gasoline I've seen in glass bottles has always been a sort of transparent orange-ish color :huh: .

Hello ISW,

"Petrol" in German translates into a dark teal color, (note it is the same for De A ink of the same name).

Meanwhile, Germans refer to gasoline as "Benzene."

Hope this clarifies it for you. :)

- Anthony

Hi there Attika,

How did you get it? Who's got these?

- Anthony

Edited by ParkerDuofold

Is that a sheen?

Yes! It can have a nice sheen on the right paper!

Hi there Attika,

How did you get it? Who's got these?

- Anthony

A Hungarian shop had these. A friend of mine picked it up for me during the weekend.

I may be wrong but they shouldn't be available yet. Don't tell the name of the shop. I imagine they could get in trouble.

I may be wrong but they shouldn't be available yet. Don't tell the name of the shop. I imagine they could get in trouble.

I was thinking about that too. My fellow Hungarian pen friends found these available in all their shops around the country though. Maybe they didn't think that some pen-nut like me would spread the word.

Saw a post on twitter about two days ago, posted with the pen and ink by a user too, but that didn't get much recognition.

What's your guys opinions about the matte finish compared to the normal one? Are there any advantages like being less slippery?

Thanks!

Attika! Thanks for the preview!

How do you think the petrol ink compares to last years dark lilac?

The 1.1 & .5 nibs spread it thin, but the Fine line seems to show a similar saturation to dark lilac?

After an entire year, I remain surprised at liking any purple ink this much.

Diljot, neither matte or shine ABS plastic is slippery. The matte texture is plastic, not rubberized. My hands are always dry, so can't answer if matte benefits that issue.

Hmm, seeing that pic just makes me want to buy the Petrol Safari & ink more than I did before.

I already have one more Safari than I strictly need....

As for getting one early, the OP is in Hungary - if the history of science in the last two centuries tells us anything, some local schoolteacher probably just built a Time Machine in his garage, and hopped forward a few weeks to test it out....

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

What's your guys opinions about the matte finish compared to the normal one? Are there any advantages like being less slippery?

Thanks!

I've only tried the Al-Star, but I ddin't like the feel of it. The matt finish on these works much better for me. Not sure if it's less slippery, but feels "softer" because of the slight texture. No fingerprints either.

Attika! Thanks for the preview!

How do you think the petrol ink compares to last years dark lilac?

The 1.1 & .5 nibs spread it thin, but the Fine line seems to show a similar saturation to dark lilac?

After an entire year, I remain surprised at liking any purple ink this much.

I don't have the Dark Lilac, only wrote a few words with it, but I'd say this one is also a nicely saturated color. Flow seems to be comparable too.

These Lamy stubs are not the wettest nibs out there, so they lighten it up a little.

I'd say, at least a box of cartridges worth a try. I'm trying to get a bottle ot it though.

Diljot, neither matte or shine ABS plastic is slippery. The matte texture is plastic, not rubberized. My hands are always dry, so can't answer if matte benefits that issue.

I've only tried the Al-Star, but I ddin't like the feel of it. The matt finish on these works much better for me. Not sure if it's less slippery, but feels "softer" because of the slight texture. No fingerprints either.

I don't have the Dark Lilac, only wrote a few words with it, but I'd say this one is also a nicely saturated color. Flow seems to be comparable too.

These Lamy stubs are not the wettest nibs out there, so they lighten it up a little.

I'd say, at least a box of cartridges worth a try. I'm trying to get a bottle ot it though.

Thanks attika89, :) I'm definitely buying this I'm now just waiting for goulet pens to have it in stock :rolleyes:

Thanks attika89, :) I'm definitely buying this I'm now just waiting for goulet pens to have it in stock :rolleyes:

+1