Suggest A Blue Ink That Would Compliment A Vibrant Blue M805

ItsMeDave

I ordered a Vibrant Blue M805 a couple days ago and am considering what to ink it with when it arrives in a couple weeks. The only blue ink that I own is MB Midnight Blue, maybe something brighter would be more apropos, my first thought is Irishizuku Kon-Peki.

I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,

David

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeDave

• dcwaites

• DrCodfish

• Sleebus

My first thought is also yours. Kon-peki looks great with this pen.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

My first thought is Kon-Peki as well, although Pelikan 4001 Turquoise might please some folks as well. If I was putting a darker blue in it, Shin-Kai perhaps, or 4001 Blue Black, but then you lose the compliment. (All of these work very well in my Pelikans, and I love Kon-Peki in every pen I've tried it in.)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I'd highly recommend the faux Penman Sapphire. It is a very well-behaving ink and the color is, IMHO, perfect for your pen.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/262494-faux-penman-sapphire-9/?p=2922717

Or Faux Penman Sapphire #11

or Noodler's Inkyman Sapphire

or FE Coconut Crab Blue (extra appropriate since it is made from Pelikan Edelstein inks

or Noodler's Liberty Elysium

or plain ol' Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

or my favourite in the Iroshizuku range - Asa-Gao

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Noodler's Liberty Elysium was my second choice, but because it's winter up here I can't order any inks, my last order from Wonder Pens froze, shattering the bottles.

I second Kon-peki, but if you want a bluer shade, Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-Gao is also very nice. I am also particularly fond of L'Artisan Pastelier Callifolio Blue Atlantique (or any of the "sea" shades -Pacifique, Mediterreanee, Azur, etc.). All of the Callifolio inks work very nicely in my flock.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Diamine Asa is nice.

There's a number of Diamine inks that I want to try, but none of the local pen shops carry the brand, it's winter up here and I can't order any inks.

I wonder, what non-blue ink would look good with the Vibrant Blue? (Other than black.)

From https://www.reference.com/beauty-fashion/larrikin-blue-1fc6ca1b8e7d60ce#

QUICK ANSWER

Colours that go with blue include white, orange, yellow, hot pink, deep red, black, silver, brown and naturals.

The larrikin in me would suggest Hot Pink or a Vibrant Coral, but there are also some nice oranges out there. Have a look at some of the inks Robert Oster is offering.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Hi! Congrats on the Vibrant blue! I've been using mine for almost a year now. Kon-Peki sounds like a nice ink for it. But what I've had in mine is Pelikan Edelstein Topaz. Fairly wet ink that pairs with the color of the pen. It's got some nice sheen as well.

Enjoy!

Edited by ftdimson

Thanks,

Franz

+1 for Kon-peki

For complementing color Diamine Syrah!

Rober Oster's inks - Fire and Ice?

(See in Ink comparisons, Cyber6 has great gallery of cards and inks, and is in Canada).

Congratulations on a new pen!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

There's a number of Diamine inks that I want to try, but none of the local pen shops carry the brand, it's winter up here and I can't order any inks.

Risk of freezing?

Mention your plight to Goulet pen Co in your order and I bet they could pack your inks I a way such that they could sit in a mail box in Antarctica for two weeks and still not freeze. Believe me, they make it fun and customer satisfaction means something to this little family run business. The added benefit is that you can get a collection of ink samples at very reasonable prices. I am a fan of Diamine inks, and have never had any problem with them in my Pelikans, or any other of my pens. Here's your chance to brighten up your winter without going broke.

Visconti blue.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.