The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Guider Pens And Custom Orders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ramesesjd

ramesesjd

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2017 - 21:45

Hello all,

I've recently bought a couple of pens from Mr. Lakshmana Rao at Guider Pens.  His service is quite quick and his prices are also very reasonable.  Unless there is something very bad about the pens I've ordered (nothing I've heard from the community leads me to believe this will be the case), I will likely order some more pens from him in the future.  In that regard, I have a few questions:

1. Is there a list/catalog/photograph online of all the pens that Guider makes and stocks regularly?  The website appears to have only a small subset of the available designs.  For example, until I communicated with him directly, I had no idea that there were different lengths of the Capsule pen model.
  2. Has any one here had experience with a custom design order done by Guider?  I have some ideas for a design of pen that I think would be quite usable (for me at least).  How open is Mr. Rao to discussing, improving and eventually making a custom designed pen?
  3. Not really pen related: In photos of the Guider shop front, there's a painting by the door of Lord Ganesha apparently holding a fountain pen.  I cannot tell you how much I love this image!  Is this a common representation of Lord Ganesha, or is it just a one-off?

I'm really looking forward to receiving my Guider pens.  I understand that the nibs will need a bit of tuning but if they perform as nicely as my interaction with the company owner went, they'll be wonderful pens!

Many thanks,

-R

Sponsored Content

#2 matteob

matteob

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 13:44

Hi Rame I think the only person who can answer your question is Mr Rao. I don't think his entire range is on his website and I think pens must be made to order tbh. I'm sure he could do something for you but I have no idea of the cost :/

#3 ramesesjd

ramesesjd

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 19:21

No worries, Matthew, but thanks for the reply.  My idea for a pen design is still quite young, so I'm in no rush on that front.

-R

#4 jjlax10

jjlax10

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 21:18

My experience is that you contact him by email or on whatsapp, he shows you what he has available and if you want something different he will tell you if it can be made or not.

President, Big Apple Pen Club
Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.
www.jjlaxpenco.com

#5 gudasrinivas

gudasrinivas

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:32

My Experience dealing with Mr Lakshman Rao was very good. He is responsive on Whatsapp but if you want a custoem design it is better you call him and speak to him directly.

Regards

Srinivas

Regards

Srinivas

#6 Srana2000

Srana2000

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:23

I too had very good experience and he also send me small pens as gifts.

Best service.

Sponsored Content

|