Triumph Nib Removal Tools

SteelePlume

I am new to fpn. I am trying to remove a triumph nib from a "1000" vac fill. I have soaked and ultrasoniced and heated it with hair dryer to no avail. Any suggestions? I hear that Fountainbel has a useful tool. Does anyone know where to obtain this or how much it is.

Thanks

Sar

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• fountainbel

• Brian-McQueen

• SteelePlume

You would need to get the Fountainbel Triumph nib removal tool from Fountainbel. Frances is Fountainbel and he posts here under Fountainbel.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I can't email or mention users in my posts. Help please! I am interested in getting more information on Fountainbel's tools. I enjoy restoring vintage fountains in particular balances and triumphs. I like in particular those that use vac fill.

Thanks

Sar - steeleplume

As I write Fountainbel is reading this thread.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Thanks Farmboy, appreciate it!

Sar

Well he didn't reply yet but he was reading...

As I write Fountainbel is reading this thread.

This was probably true !

I did not react since - being nearly 72 - I want to stop making the tools, to much work involved…

I actually prefer working and prototyping new Bulkfillers

Francis

That's bad news! This tool is essential to safely removing the nibs from Triumph pens.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

This was probably true !

I did not react since - being nearly 72 - I want to stop making the tools, to much work involved…

Francis

So you are adding a new project to my already over subscribed project list...Wait, I have set.

My diameter 50mm Ketron Peek bar stock is all gone, so i have to buy new bar stock to make the tools.

This is expensive material from which i have to buy minimal quantity

I could probably make an effort when I could make at least a series of 10- 20 sets of the tools ,

Please confirm when interested.

Francis

I believe the disk with the taper could be 3D printed. The metal tangs could be machined or laser cut and ground to thickness.

Francis, would you be willing to share why you make the disk from PEEK as opposed to some other material?

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

This was probably true !

Francis

whew! I'm glad we got one before you stopped, Francis.

I believe the disk with the taper could be 3D printed. The metal tangs could be machined or laser cut and ground to thickness.

Francis, would you be willing to share why you make the disk from PEEK as opposed to some other material?

Brian

It doesn't flow like a lot of polymers and doesn't mar metal it contacts would be my guess.

It doesn't flow like a lot of polymers and doesn't mar metal it contacts would be my guess.

Exactly FarmBoy, thanks !

Further on it can withstand high temperatures and will not deform at all.

Francis

I've said it before,and I'll say it again. Having the tool changes the dynamics of repairing the Sheaffer plunger fillers. It really makes it possible to reliably repair these pens. Without them, your chances of getting the nib out without damage are 50% AT BEST. With the tool, you're very close to 100% - reduced only by hidden damage, and operator error trying to get it out too forcefully.

Francis - making this tool available is a great service to the pen community which I very much appreciate. It has lead to the restoration and revival of a pen long considered to be unrepairable.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

My diameter 50mm Ketron Peek bar stock is all gone, so i have to buy new bar stock to make the tools.

This is expensive material from which i have to buy minimal quantity

I could probably make an effort when I could make at least a series of 10- 20 sets of the tools ,

Please confirm when interested.

Francis

I would certainly be interested!

And I sure hope you get enough people interested to do one more run.

I am interested. Could you give us an idea how many would need to be ordered and how much they would cost. Frankly I'd love to see a picture of the device :)

Thanks,

Sar