New Aurora 88Th Anniversay With Super Flexible Nib L.e.

novelli

This is something exceptional, not only Aurora made a nice 88 to celebrate the 88th anniversary

http://www.novelli.it/images/limited/2141206274.jpg

http://www.novelli.it/images/limited/2141206273.jpg

Material: Blue or Red Resin
Trim: Yellow gold plated
Filling System: Piston
Pieces Produced: 188 each color

but also produced a very interesting 14kt super flex nib.

Enjoy this VIDEO.

I just opened the reservation, I bet this edition will sell out before the delivery,

For any further information or to reserve a piece please CLICK HERE or CONTACT ME.

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mongrelnomad

• novelli

• Omaslover

• praxim

Fantastic! I had heard that Aurora was going to go back to the "extra long tines" style. I didn't know they would make them so soft!

The video is blocked by SME from playing here, on copyright grounds.

Ridiculous.

I am no fan of the extortion racket called regional coding, and this is not even an entertainment but an advertising video.

X

This is something exceptional... an expensive pen maker who wont allow customers to view the advertising video. Strange world.

Is has nothing to do with Aurora. It's a youtube video ...

Is has nothing to do with Aurora. It's a youtube video ...

Nope - YouTube give the options, it's Aurora or who ever is marketting for them that's done it.

SME should be Sony Music Entertainment so the barred content may only be the music paired with the video. Both the effect and the silliness remain the same.

X

I have longed for an Aurora 88, but withheld because they were all Black; now I am faced with two colors, neither of which excites me. It surely proves the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it!"

I am going to continue enjoying my Aurora Africa with it's stub nib & ponder this one a bit (while secretly hoping Mr. Parascenzo is correct & they sell out before the order closes!)

Although I have only the images for comparison, not the video, this appears to differ from other current Aurora 88s only in the colour of the plastic, and the fact there are 188 of each; more profitable than simply making the colours available I guess.

Is there any other clear difference?

X

Although I have only the images for comparison, not the video, this appears to differ from other current Aurora 88s only in the colour of the plastic, and the fact there are 188 of each; more profitable than simply making the colours available I guess.

Is there any other clear difference?

The nib is flexible. The video shows this.

Is it? I can not see the video as discussed above. Examining from the images the proportions of the nib in itself and in relation to the pen, I noted no differences so, if that observation proves good, then flexibility must arise from different metallurgy rather than from shape. The nib is identically marked.

Does the video compare this nib with other Aurora nibs by example?

X

Won't be able to say there are no modern flexible nibs available anymore!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Is it? I can not see the video as discussed above. Examining from the images the proportions of the nib in itself and in relation to the pen, I noted no differences so, if that observation proves good, then flexibility must arise from different metallurgy rather than from shape. The nib is identically marked.

Does the video compare this nib with other Aurora nibs by example?

No it does not compare with other Aurora nibs.

Other than color..the feed and nib are different.

It appears to be flexible..however I will reserve judgment until

I can test drive one.........'Tis always a good thing to put number

8 or double luck on a pen.................

Fred

I've just got another information about it, it will be stamped with FF, they will make just one size that will be an F.

I will update you with any development.

Ciao,

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

Plenty of railroading going on in that video.

That's actually a good thing to show a honest performance. Having some bounce is definitely going to be a lot of fun. The person demo-ing is probably pushing it intentionally beyond needed, so the railroading didn't deter me.

I've just got another information about it, it will be stamped with FF, they will make just one size that will be an F.

I will update you with any development.

Ciao,

Marco

Novelli.it

Thank you very much Marco.

But does it have a properly-set Ebonite feed? Maybe not, I see railroading in the demo. Remember... A flexible nib without a reliable feed that can keep up with it, is nothing more than a never-ending source of frustration.

Edited by Drone