My Pelikan M8Xx Sized Collection

sargetalon

No blue binde with gold trim? Tsk tsk

😉

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• BillH

• dnic

• zaddick

Let me tip my virtual hat, good sir.

That is a most desirable Collection you have acquired there.

Bravo !

I have an M800 and I find the size perfect for my hands.

Hello everyone. I had the camera out and was taking a few photos on a lazy Sunday so I thought that I would snap and share a pic of my M8xx collection. I'm really leaning towards the M8xx sized pens as some of my favorites of the flock. Enjoy!

sfpn_1485723156__m8xx-3.jpg

Green Demonstrator, M810 Blue Ocean, M915 Hunting, M815 Wall Street, Concerto, Golf, Genesis of the Olympiad, The Spirit of Gaudi, Red striped, Green striped, Clear demonstrator (without engravings), Black, Blue O'Blue, Tortoiseshell Brown, Burnt Orange, Grand Place, M805 Solid Blue, M805 Stresemann, M805 Clear demonstrator (with engravings), M805 Blue striped, M805 Vibrant Blue, M850 Green striped, M850 Black, M900 Toledo

I am super envious! M8xx is one of my absolute favorites, and if I could get all the lines I would like to from them, there would be no "need" for any other pens from any other makers. Just generally too juicy and wide to use for a lot of my work, where I often need fine to very fine lines.

Anyhow, your collection beautiful!

No blue binde with gold trim? Tsk tsk

I've always favored the blue birds with the palladium trim for some reason.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Beautiful collection Joshua!

How close are you to complete on the Mxx-M250 pens?

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Beautiful collection Joshua!

How close are you to complete on the Mxx-M250 pens?

Missing just 2 pens and I fear that the collection will never be complete due to their scarcity. Those are the pre-97 M200 Snakeskin and the pre-97 M250 Solid Blue. I know where one example of each reside but their owners aren't selling so my search continues.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Great collection of 800-sized pens. Are there any colors besides these 24?

I only have one, a green stripped m800 with an IB nib. I love it.

Matias

Beautiful collection.

Instead I need an M450 and an M425 to complete my collection of silver caps M400 serie.

I would like also to complete a collection of the Pelikan 400 serie, but the fact that in the past I found and then sold the transparent green one is stopping me (I never will find another :( ).

Alfredo

Great collection of 800-sized pens. Are there any colors besides these 24?

I only have one, a green stripped m800 with an IB nib. I love it.

Matias

There are many more M800 sized pens out there. The M8xx frame has been used for a lot of special releases over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

And that is a lovely collection also. I appreciate both of you sharing, it's a great inspiration (almost typed "enablement") to some of us newer Pelikan collectors. Something to aspire to.

It's also handy to pass the laptop to my Sweetie on the other end of the couch "hey Hon, I showed you Joshua's collection, now have a look at Dominic's"...

...having lots of big birds is NORMAL, right? :wub:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Wonderful collection Joshua. We both love Pelikan pens ;-)

Here is my M800 collection - no rivalry - no competition...

Dominic

M800.jpg

Love that Austria. Great collection Dominic.

Came back for one more look before calling it a day... the custom green binde is really nice also... maybe it's just my taste but I think I like that one a bit more than the all blue Vibrant Blue. Can you tell us a little more about that one? (if the story has been told before, a link and a "pardon me")

I bought this green marbled fountain pen in Braunschweig (a city near the pelikan production). I personally believe it is a prototype. But I did not want to overestimate the pen. There was sold at ebay the same in blue. There is no junction between the ink view and the barrel. It's perfect, to perfect for a custom bind pen with ink view (in my experience).

Here's a listing of the pens:

1000-years-Austria, Concerto, Gaudi, Golf, Wall St., Hunting, Blue Ocean, Green Demo, Toledo (Old Style), Vibrant Blue, ???Proto/custom - green marbled???, green-striped Old Style (first year logo), green-striped Old Style, blue-striped, tortoisebrown-striped Old Style, Nord-LB/LBS.

Prototype sounds right and makes sense... thank you Dominic. Beautiful collections. You and Joshua set a very high bar.

Dnic, is that a factory-made D800 tortoise pencil (gray color logo on top, etc)? I've only heard tell of one other example...

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)